Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What is it doing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 99 500 scrambler and for some odd reason it is leaking gas from the carb out the overflow tube and when you are riding it at low speeds it starts to mish and will eventually stall because its flooding it self out. i really the the floats are the problem but i took it apart every thing looked fine. Gut it was the first time i looked at the needle closely and i seen that toward the bottom of it on the black part as its slopeing to the point it indents a little then goes to the point is it supposed to look like that or couls that be why the gas flow wont stop. I am trying to get it running perfect so i can sell it to get a new sport bike. It has alot of mods and if your interrested just ask. Plz help me with the carb problem if you to anything thanks.

Old 08-10-2002, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

A needle and seat, will wear out pretty fast, if you leave the gas on all the time, I bet a new needle and seat would fix it, Has it leaked from day 1 ? If it has leaked since you got it, it could possibly be the float height, but it it just suddenly started leaking, it's the needle and seat, The float can't just change it's height by itself.

Old 08-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Ill try that i bet the price for the new pieces is not very high thats for the input.