Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

predator mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 06:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone when predator mods will be available and what companies will be offering them?

Old 08-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Pretty much everything you'll need will initially be available directly from your dealer. The factory brochure has everything. Skid protection, swingarm ,a-arm, nerf bars. Performance chain choices. Drop in K&N filter. Six different sprocket choices. SWWEEEETTT Walker Evans custom shocks. A re-labeled White Bros. slip-on silencer. And lots and lots of pretty sharp Pred sportswear. Already been sportin' my hat....They really listened!!!!!

Ken...here goes another commercial, ##$% can't wait!!!!

Old 08-25-2002, 11:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Why would you want more mods?This bike is 75mph+ right out of the box.They say that the onlt thing that compairs to this bike is cannondale and bombardier.This one IS up with the big boys.At this point with these 3 bikes it all depends on the rider!This bike is bad to the bone.I rode one at a dealer track.This thing is fast!!!

Old 08-25-2002, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cool you rode one. How was the seat? Was the tank plastic bothersome as its rumored to be? Anyone have an idea when they be getting the bikes in?
Did ya pop any wheelies? How'd it do at that?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] And where'd this 75 mph top speed come from?

Old 08-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I just don't get the "funky plastic" comments from the magazines. If someone would take a moment to look at modular "futuristic" design concepts, this thing is sweet. The reason the plastic is like this is to VERY easily remove the front for maint.. Detroit has been applying this modular design to concept cars for years. During my ride, things were perfectly comfortable. Spot your prey, take aim, pull the trigger (squeeze the throttle). Frankly I could care less about what anyone, or any mag states about this machine. Mine will be getting the nerfs, front clickers, swingarm/a-arm guard, and K&N. Other than that, this thing totally fits my "needs" and wants. THANKS FOR LISTENING POLARIS!!

Ken....who buy the way started taking inventory of all the fasteners I'm gonna change out with titanium ones....oh yea, I forgot that add-on.hehe

Old 08-25-2002, 06:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

As with all machines, people are gonna find out something wrong with it that they dont like.This bike handles corners at high speeds with no problem.You dont even have to lean much into the turns to keep the wheels down.Handles like a dream.So much power.Seat is comfortable,plastic didnt bother me.The only thing that i saw that i didnt like was the cheap looking polaris exhaust.The bike looks greatexcept for the exhaust.When you look at it you will understand.AND AS FOR THE 75MPH they did a shoot out against all the top bikes Preditor,Raptor,Z400,Honda400 ETC..It did 0-60 in in 5 seconds toping out at 75 mph,Raptor was second. 0-60 in 7 seconds.the rest were not even close.They say its right up with the cannondales $ bombardier as far as handeling and speed.BANSHEES ARE THE PAST AND THE PREDITOR IS NOW!!!My dealer is getting his in Sept 15th.And already on hold for people.

Old 08-25-2002, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

ooops i am sorry but the banshee is the king of the past and the pressent ,and the future( although i love polaris).dont try to say that it runs with moded banshee's.

Old 08-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

MODQUAD, thanks for the reply. Where can i get one of those catalogs you were talking about? any help would be appreciated thanks.

Old 08-25-2002, 08:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im not bashing banshees cus i used to have one and I NEVER SAID ANYTHING about modded banshees.You can mod anything to go faster than something else including the preditor.Maybe a modded banshee will be faster than stock preditor but you can mod the preditor to.Banshees are fast but over all they say the preditor is better.

Old 08-25-2002, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Your dealer is getting one in Sep. My dealer said they won't be in until Nov. Hopefully your right, I don't know if I can wait another 2 month's.

Quick Reply: predator mods