Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Look at this Predator review

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Really Matters…Suspension
(September 04, 2002)

The Predator has a fantastic motor, but that’s not what you’re complaining about with your current Sport Rooster, is it? Nope, power is only good if the chassis and suspension can handle it!

The biggest shortfall of most sport ATVs is suspension. Hey, you don’t need to tell us - we’re saving all the bent axles and blown shocks we’ve accumulated over the years so we can melt ‘em down and build a space station.

If suspension travel and, more importantly, suspension quality is what you long for, you may find yourself with a blanket curled up next to your Predator at night. It cushions landings and absorbs huge craters with ease. Moreover, it does this without flinching.

Its rear axle is s-t-r-o-n-g. Furthermore, Polaris spec’d the Predator with rebuildable, aluminum bodied, preload adjustable Fox Shocks up front. As far as stock equipment goes, these shocks are the best we’ve ever tested on a Sport ATV. Add the optional remote reservoirs with compression clickers and you’ve got 10 inches of Ferrari technology for a KIA price.

Out back is another rebuildable Fox aluminum shock with a remote reservoir, preload, compression and rebound adjustability. It damps 11 inches of travel through a non-linkaged rear swingarm.

This was from atv-mag

Old 09-04-2002, 10:10 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

ZESTY!

Old 09-05-2002, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

If you want to get an abundance of replies, you might have to go to another forum. In the Polaris forum there is not too much talk of the Predator. Most of the people here are happy with the tank Scrammies and 1/2 ton 4X4s Utes. There is not a lot of buzz in here about an actual competitive sport quad,.... maybe one or two threads in the first twenty. Remember when the Z was being released? The Zuk forum was non-stop talk about the Z. Nothing like that in here. And my predection is that the Predator will rule the sport market after its release,... at least until one of the other major players introduce their new model. Too bad none of the Polaris fans seem to care!

Old 09-05-2002, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Bite Your Tongue!
(er...fingers)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

This Polaris forum has hits on Predator threads everyday. Can't say that I've seen you in them much though.

Old 09-05-2002, 02:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Good call Brent. HELLO!!! Who's the putz. Sparky, I mean Hak, some of us have EVEN ridden it. Most everyone here tries to deal in factual info. The facts are already out, the machine has already been exposed. Now we're just waiting patiently (ya right..tap,tap,tap) for our beasts to be delivered. Hmmmm, over 900 of the limited edition TLD (that's Troy Lee Designs, everyone else here new what TLD stands for because they read)units have already been spoken for.

As for Tank Scrammies, hmmmm, seems like a machine and it's description are missing from your signature....do you have something you'd like to race my titanium equipped "Tank Scrammy" with?

Sorry everyone else, had a bad day of R&D.

Ken

Old 09-05-2002, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

modquad,

Even though "hak 231" is in my neck of the woods, I'd doubt he'll come out to play. You know it's really a compliment when even the modified Honda guys (416-440EXs) can't believe how quick a "tank Scrammie" can be. I had that happen on the last ride I went on at Marienville ANF trail. Granted, they were a lot faster than me in the woods, but I chalk that up to them being better (younger) riders, rather than a lack of machine. On the straights even the Cannondales couldn't beat my "tank".

Back to the topic at hand. I think all of this is preaching to the converted. I may (or may not) some day get a Predator, because: A. it's hard as heck to beat the auto tranny where I ride and B. because I've sunk so much money into the Sport that I'll be lucky to get 1/4 of it out when I go to trade it in. I'd love to just give it to either my son or daughter, but at ages 11 and 14 respectively, they are still WAY too young for it.

Old 09-05-2002, 01:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yea, that's a little young for a ballistic experience. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ken

Old 09-05-2002, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

There isn't to much out there that can stop a tank.

Old 09-05-2002, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

well i don't consider mine a tank at all,i still heavy comparing to "true high performance quads" but it weight about 435 lbs right now and it is lighter than a DS 650 BAJA,but this is from a real modded stanpoint,with all the HOT SEAT chassis and handling stuff upgrades,really it doesnt handle like at tank on trails,scrammy 2 stroke have a lot of potential but you must really trick them out and test run them/fine tune clutchs/gearing as well to get respect from others performing real sport quad,yeah i read this review on predator (all terrain vehicule mag) right? the PREDATOR will be like it been told beleive it's a fact,they now have the suspensions the chassis geometry and pro steering system,the manual tranny and REAL high performance QUAD engine,as i know polaris they will even put a bigger engine on it and maybe a 2 stroke in the future,the predator line is started,let the carnivor feasting sweet spot begin,it will probably like snow too...

Old 09-05-2002, 06:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Scramblered, as much as I hate to admit it...sniff, sniff, the wing ding days are very limited. Take a deep breath, and try to let go....it isn't gonna be easy, sniff, sniff, I've been tryin' to get myself ready.

THE PREDATORS COMING, THE PREDATORS COMING!!! WEW, that helps.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ken

Quick Reply: Look at this Predator review