Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Tell us your stories!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2000, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all!

I have not seen too many new posts lately. I havn't anything to read tonight so how about all you polaris riders fill us in on some good riding stories or tips! Tell us how your machines blow away the competition or pull them out of trouble...be polite though...

Hope to see some good action...

Xplor...Xplorer 400 1998 and soon to have Scrambler 400 2000!

Old 03-23-2000, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer

The last time I went riding,(actually we were going ice fishing),with a polaris the polaris really impressed me!The electric start would not work on it so the recoil was used,sure enough started on the first pull,WOW!!!!Then it soon died a few times,but that was a minor annoyance.We proceeded to pull our trailers full of equipment onto the big lake,and my buddy was repeatedly pushing the polaris thru the snow drifts?I first thought was that the wheeler was 2WD,but no,it was a 4WD.Here the 4WD was not working at all,surprise,surprise!!Needless to say I had gotten out to the spot that we were going to fish,and after awhile the polaris came limping along,so we set up and fished.Later on in the evening I decided we should move into the shallow rock reefs to try for some walleyes.I had to go it alone because the polaris didn't want to try going thru the the drifts do to him getting stuck all the time.Just another adventure I thought I'd share.

Old 03-23-2000, 05:52 PM
Range Rover

I went riding last week too! I got in this mud hole so deep all you could see of the quad was the tip of the thumb throttle and some of the hand grip! I just drove right on out of there.

See jltimm, I can make 'em up as I go along too!

Glenn.

Y2K Polaris Sportsman 500 - No troubles (that weren't my fault, oops!)

Old 03-23-2000, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

If I wanted to tell lies I would buy a polaris and tell you I never had any troubles with it!!

Old 03-23-2000, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

So , GlennS you live in Calgary eh,well I live in Sundre (1 hour NW of calgary)so where do ya go riding?around Sundre there's thousands of trails,I go riding out back of my house across the Little Red Deer River at least every week on my 98 ARCTIC CAT 454 4X4.

Old 03-23-2000, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In 1998,I bought my 99 Sportsman.My co worker and I went mudding one Saturday afternoon.He was on a stock 98 Grizz.This guy got stuck at least 5 times that afternoon in the same places I drove the Sportsman right thru.I pulled him out each time.They guy was SO impressed that he gave his Grizz to his wife and went out and purchased a new Sportsman.His wife likes the Grizz and she thinks the world of her giving husband.I asked him if he told her why he give it to her?He said to avoid further embarrassment to himself in the mud.Of course,he did'nt let the wife know that.Since than,his nick name has been ''LOVER BOY'',==BILL

00 Xplorer 400cc 4x4
If you want to come in second ''FOLLOW ME''

Old 03-23-2000, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

We went riding 2 weeks ago to our favorite mud holes, just me on my SP500 and a buddy on a Honda and another buddy on his Kawasaki. On about the 3rd or 4th real mud hole, I was the "test machine". After plodding through the hole at no more than 10 MPH (and I don't think I spun a wheel), I had the opportunity to sit back and watch as first the Kaw got stuck (claims it was ground clearance) and then watched the Honda do the same thing (claimed it was soupier where he tried to cross) Then both of them blamed it on me for having a Hummer like quad!

Old 03-24-2000, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

I rode my then stock '98 Scrambler 400 at the Salamanca Dice Run last year. It went through all the mud holes, up all the hills, and down them too
with no problems. But I saw lots of "other" brands
sitting in mud holes, and rolling backwards down hills. I used to ride a 350X, and I rode one for years, swearing by them the whole time. But I know I would have had a much tougher time on one. Polaris is the Cadillac of ATVs, anyone who doesn't think so never owned one.

Old 03-24-2000, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Hey bad2bone... I know what it is like to be the "test rider". Even if I can go through just about anything on my Xplorer I kinda like goin in second. I let my father-in-law and his SP500 go in first. The holes we go threw are usually about 30 feet wide and 30 feet long with a depth of between 1 foot and 3 feet+.The SP500 goes about half way through and then I kick it. My father-in-law usually putters slowly through without any problems...I enjoy passing him and making a nice big "tidle wave" of water and mud! If you could only see his face! Or if he turns back I like smiling at him and going exactly where he backed out of! Doing this of coarse, it backfired on me a couple times...too deep!

Thats what we are out there for! I always wear my waders up to my armpits...have never regretted it yet!

WATER+DIRT=MUD only one conclusion...FUN!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2000, 10:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

jltimm - I have to say it is a real treat reading your insightful and unbiased posts ... all based on first hand experience I'm sure. There's nothing better than you jumping into an otherwise constructive and entertaining thread playing your old tapes and heresay on Polaris ... keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: Tell us your stories!!