Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

mods for 325 mag

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can somebody tell me which kind of mods would put some life into my 01' 325 mag? It really dont have much power, and i want to change that! it only goes like 45 mph! im really dissapointed in it. if yall know of ne good mods, please tell me! thanks!

Old 09-16-2002, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey man,
Sorry to hear you are dissapointed.
The 325 mag is slow and a bit underpowered but it is very reliable and durable. Have had my 01 for a year and a half and put it through the ringer and back. Still running strong. Mine is a 4x4 so I wasn't looking for much top end when I started in on mods. First I got the aftermarket red spring (courtesy of Rick Ritter). That spring really gave the bike some kick on the low end. It will even get the front end up! (if I lean back and pull) Low gear is much stronger in thick mud now. That's about all I ride is thick deep mud and water. Next I added a set of 25 ITP 589s. Wow! Those tires are bad a$$! Then I started lightening up the bike. Removed the starter, went to a lighter battery, removed the oil cooler assembly, and a few other little things. Then I got an RCR pipe. That helped things a bit in the power area but not enough. So then I had Rick Ritter work on the engine a "little bit". It is now a 414 with airbox mods, K&N filter, and a clutch kit. That woke the slug up! Wheelies? No prob. Lots-o-power! This thing is a mud monster now. It's still heavy and a bit slower than the Big Bore bikes, but mud is all in how you ride it. The most recent mod I did, was to snorkle the entire bike. Airbox, clutch intake, PVT exhaust, all drain lines and vent tubes routed up to the pod. This thing is now unstoppable!!!

One thing is for sure.... to make a 325 mag a respectable bike, it takes money. But it can be done.

For speed, I would suggest that you get a K&N, RCR pipe and clutch kit. If you really want to spend the money, go ahead and call Rick Ritter and get the 414 big bore kit done. That makes a huge difference!!!

Power and speed = M O N E Y !!!

Old 09-16-2002, 08:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

how much does the clutch kit, fmf pipe, and k&n air filter cost?

Old 09-16-2002, 08:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry i meant rcr

Old 09-16-2002, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

oh yea, and i hear a lot about these springs, and their different colors. can someone please give me some info on these springs? thanks!

Old 09-16-2002, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't remember. It's been a while since I bought that stuff. Contact Rick Ritter by phone. DON"T BUY AN FMF PIPE FOR A POLARIS! Go with RCR for the pipe on the 325 mag.

Old 09-16-2002, 08:45 PM
Range Rover

Give Rick Ritter a call. I would start out with his Stage1 kit...It comes complete with a white bros. e-series muffler and hangers, new air filter and air box mods, jets, and a new primary clutch spring. The whole kit cost around $325, If I remember right he has 3 different spring for the primary clutch..I went with the green, it gave me a quicker throttle response and I now can ride a wheelie with mine..He also has an orange sping, but it does not engage until 1/4 throttle, it gives you a better top end, but you loose on the bottom..

Here a some Mpegs
and some Pics if anyone is interested in seeing the stage 1 kit on my machine....
P.S. the air filter is not an RCR filter it is a K&N I already had in it....

Old 09-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey bowhunter, how much faster will youe quad go now, after the mods? And who is rick ritter? where does he live?

Old 09-16-2002, 09:12 PM
Range Rover

Rick Ritter owns Ritter Cycle Racing or RCR...He frequints this board quite often...Here is his Website...He is a great guy, with awesome customer service... I gained about 5 to 7 mph on the top, most of the power is in the low end and mid range, right where these machines need it...Give Rick a call.....

Old 09-16-2002, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I was wondering how much the 414 kit ran ya, and what all is involved in it, such as pulling the cylinder?
I was in the market for another quad, but after this wedding, I will just have to mod the one I got.
I can wheely now, but it is kinda difficult.
The stage 1 kit sounds very appealing, I may be giving rick a call, seeing he is the only guy I really want to deal with from what i hear.

Quick Reply: mods for 325 mag