Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

need a new brake handle assembly

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 12:27 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I rolled the Sportsman yet again (6or7th time) This time I was riding up a steepSTEEP hill got to the topfront wheels cleared back wheels didnt so hear I am stuck at the top of the hill knowing dam well im screwed. I adjusted my weight forward hit the throttle and the back wheels just about cleared then before I knew it the thing was straight up and down. Well I knew she was coming over I fell/jumped off the back and began "scooting" down the hill on my back as fast as i could. That heavy beast with its 27" swampros tube bumpers winch tmbling end over end chasing me and I just kept tumbling and scurring in front of it. Well after about an eternity we were at the bottom and I scooted out of the way just as it slammed into my buddys Rancher. Nywas when all was said and done i started inspecting the damage smashed headlight pod bent handlebars blown tire busted brake handle destroyed winch switch all pretty minor considering the tumble. But now I need a brake handle assembly and the dealer wants a boatload for it. Does anyone know anywhere online to get one at a better price? I need the whole thing master cylinder,mounting bracket are one piece.

Old 09-24-2002, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

If you don't mind the master cylinder being on the right instead of the left, and if your brake line is the banjo style, you can go to servicehonda.com. Look up the master cylinder for a 400ex. Make sure you get each piece you need........to do this, it is best to order over the phone. Anyway, last time I priced it, you could get the whole thing for $60, and it is by far superior to the polaris master cylinder. I like it on the right on my polaris as well. It lets me gas and brake with the same hand. This can come in real handy at times.

Old 09-24-2002, 10:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

I rolled my 325 mag a couple of weeks ago and broke the rack in half and ripped the brake off. it cost $135 to get the whole think from my polaris dealer.

Old 09-24-2002, 10:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

but thats not including a new rack, thats just the brake assembly.

Old 09-25-2002, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

Walexa Its a good idea but what do you mean by Banjo style break line

Old 09-25-2002, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

Banjo style is referring to the end of your brake line. You either have on of 2 types: pipe thread or banjo. Pipe thread means your brake line screws into your master cylinder. Banjo means a bolt secures the end of your line to the master cylinder.

Waylan

Old 09-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

Is your master cylinder shot as well or just the brake handle and resivor?? I recently had my master cylinder go bad on my machine so I bought the whole ball of wax for 125.00 or so. If you need the handle or resivor, I have my old ones doing nothing. There yours if you want them, but if you need the piston and housing I cant help you. Let me know.

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2002, 09:25 AM
rws
Trailblazer
Old 09-26-2002, 11:36 PM
Range Rover

Soupcan that is a hell of a nice offer. But Im not sure if we have the same kind. My master cylinder housing and bracket that connects it to the handlebars are one formed piece of aluminum. If your housing for the mastercylinder is the same piece that bolts up to the bars Ill take it. Its a hell of a nice guy who would just offer up his parts for nothin. Let me know.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:38 PM
Range Rover

Walexa thanks for the info I have the banjo style so im gonna check that site you gave me thanks