Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Shipping date for Predator

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just talked to my dealer on the Predator about when they will come in. He looked at there site and saw that there Predator's were to be shipped on Nov. 12, so he said they should have them by the 15th. My dealer is the largest in New England, and he always seems to get the new atv'v first.
The only thing I'm worried about is, will my leg be healed enough to ride it. Tomorrow I'm going back in surgery to put a rod in my tibula (shin bone). Has this happen to any one you know? How long do I expect it to take before I can ride? I'm asking this is Because I'm #2 on the list to get one. Should I pass and hopefully they will have one in the spring , or get it and try to ride it once I'm healed enough.

Old 09-25-2002, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

You better grab it. This is the only shipment my dealer is getting until the '04s are released.

Old 09-25-2002, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer

I'm in the same boat. I have pins in my trapezium...(bone at base of thumb), and my arm in a cast due to a nasty riding accident last month. My TLD Predator should be in around Dec. I'll have to work hard to get my clutching hand/snowmobile brake hand back in shape by doing physio. If I were you, I'd grab the Pred. At least you can sit on it and shine it if ya can't ride!

Old 09-25-2002, 01:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

GE 4X4, In your lower leg you have two bones, a tibia and a fibula. Since your fibula is a non weight bearing bone, the rod will be in the tibia.
As for the amount of time you will be out of action is up to your DR. You can expect to be non weight bearing, or touch contact only, for at least 6 weeks. After that it will depend on how fast you regenerate bone, ("no", extra milk dosent help). The rod its self will be in there for around a year. Take it easy on the leg I have seen many people refracture the same spot by simply steping in a hole, even with the rod in place.

Old 09-25-2002, 01:58 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

My dealer is only getting five until the 2004s come out this year. My dealer said it was a fight to get the five because all the Polaris dealers feel this will be a hot seller. If folks are putting deposits down like my dealer has received, then buy it or wait until 2004. The demand for this machine seems to be quite high! From what I have read it is one VERY nice race machine.

Old 09-25-2002, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Sandrptr
Thank's for the advice and the correct wording for my bones. The rod is going in my Tibia Thursday mourning, also my Fibula is broken in two spots also. The only good side of this is, it happened at work, so atleast some money is coming in.
Now as far as the Predator, it doesn't sound like they will be making many this year. So it looks like I will get it, then wait for the leg to heal. It should be healed before the 04 come out. I HOPE.

Old 09-25-2002, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

That is a tough call be just a thought if you wate you may end up better off. Rememben this is a first time project and there will probably be some changes on the next run. That is just a guess and of corse a gamble, another thought is buy it then resell it for more than you paid some one will have missed out and be ready if not you still have it.

Good luck.

Old 09-25-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

First quad issue: I know most first year quads have had their problems. However, I really feel like the Predator will be left out of this category. With as many test units spotted and being used for racing, they would have found the MAJOR issues by now. Also, I would expect they have found some and are coming up with solutions. The first expected date given to dealers was August 15. Now they have been pushed back twice to November 15. Last I talked to Polaris (first of Sept) they didn't have a production date even scheduled. This would lead me to believe they are putting the finishing touches on the quads of things they have learned from the test units.

Even the magazine tests state that the Polaris reps told them they were testing prototype quads. Why would thay do that? Perhaps they want to hear whatever negative feedback there is, in order to solve it before final production.

Of course, this is only what one guy in Oklahoma thinks. Hopefully, he is right b/c with $1000 down payment, there's no backing out now.

Old 09-25-2002, 04:56 PM
Range Rover

I broke my leg *Class 3 break..both tib and fib came through the side of my leg, got a rod in there now* I not suppost to be doing anything yet and I did it May 5th..I'm walking around on it *Stupid..I know don't flame me* Anyway..I'm working *Contractor* But I'm not riding cause I think the consistent vibration and having to bear weight on it to turn right and such would be way to much for it....it is up to you..the top screw holding the rod in place looks like a U from being bend so much *LOL*

Old 09-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Though I'm not getting one our dealer is getting 16. Well what your order and what you get are two different things. We are 90 minutes for LS, Utah and 4 hrs from Saint Anthonys..Dune versions I suspect.......