Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Jersey SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jersey SUCKS!

Now, who would think that down here in Podunk, Mississippi that we would have any laws restricting ORV use? But we do.

1. The obvious- No ORVs on public roads.
2. No ORVs in rivers or streams of state or national forests. They are trying to broaden the scope of this law to include all river and stream beds.
3. ORV trails only in state or national forests.

Good Luck up there in the northeast. You're always welcome to come ride down south.

SurferSam

Old 10-24-2002, 12:23 PM
Range Rover

Actually I would love to come ride down there..see something new
We were thinking of going to the Pocanos *Sp??* and ride..that suppost to me very nice..

Old 10-24-2002, 01:32 PM
Trailblazer

I ride in Kentucky often. We were once stopped by a DNR dude who told us that we weren't supposed to be riding on National Forest. Luckily he was nice enough to not "see us" (hint, hint, wink).

What a nice place Kentucky is!

Old 10-24-2002, 03:19 PM
Range Rover

I live in south jersey. 5 minutes from atco 15 min to chatsworth. I never had any problems with police I've been pulled over several times, on both my scrambler and rm125. I just talked polite and said I would head home. They just let me go.
The biggest thing is don't try to outrun them.
wear a helmet and be polite.

just my 2 cents

Old 10-24-2002, 03:26 PM
Range Rover

We do..where not nuts..we just like to enjoy nature..go out have some fun and enjoy the day

Hell..most of the time we pick up trash and bring it home to throw out..we have trash bags in the trailer and if it is dirty were we park, we clean it up..it is the case that a few bad apples spoils everything

Old 10-24-2002, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

My buddy from work just told me to stay away from howell.Where he use to live an ride.He said some kid broke his neck on privat e property and arents are suing.Now the town is in an uproar bout this type of thing and now police are saying they will bust on private an public lands and wont care to bust ya unless ya have a written note to ride there from owner.Damn lawyers politicians an greens how did this great land ever become like this?Look at the death penalty too many bleeding hearts but when it comes to us crap we might as well be mass murders cause look at how we are treated like an angry pack of hells angels.IM sorry I didnt just buy a dualsport,1 I get my license I plan to get soemthing streetwise but I cant give up them dirtbikes and quads yet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Im thinking klr250,the new 400,I like em in the new green color,the drzS or ktm not sure to go w a 400 or 650 tho.It all comes down to money really want to put my SHee back together and go roosting, miss that bike right now.That bike takes off like a wild pack of hell dogs on crack,It would take alot of cars off the line,cop cars would be dead at the light w that thing.

Old 10-24-2002, 09:35 PM
Range Rover

That kid's parents shouldn't sue..I know stuff happens..I'm laid up with a serious broken leg from riding, did I go after the land owner..NO, it isn't his fault..
A******** shouldn't sue the landowner, they should be pissed off at the kid for being stupid!

Old 10-26-2002, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

Tree huggers are trying to stop the fun everywhere!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I feel for you guys. It isn't right so let your voices be heard!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2002, 01:20 AM
Range Rover

Oh how i know it sucks. Not to mention the pos cops, we have the highest prices on quads and dirtbikes and stuff around. One word for all of you.....RUN!

Old 10-26-2002, 05:54 PM
Range Rover

Wheres Rockaway at Pauleo

Quick Reply: New Jersey SUCKS!