Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Any Oregon predators?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Oregon predators?

Just curious if there were any NW Oregon predator riders yet. I'd love to check one of these critters out. If they live up to their billing I'm sure one will be in my future, I'll just convince the wife it's for her [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This tax refund is gonna make my Rappy into one evil critter so by the time the Predator is in it's second year I'll be able to afford one of them too and of course I'm sure the aftermarket will have lotsa spendy predator parts by then too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2002, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

Pro Caliber in Vancouver WA sold four of them these last two weeks. I would expect you will see them at your favorite riding area.

Old 12-15-2002, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Where do you guys ride at?? We should hook up and ride sometime!!!

Old 12-16-2002, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

I'm usually riding at Jones Creek just out of Vancouver or the hills south of Molalla. I'm always up for riding with new people. Hoping to go this weds to see if there's any snow around Molalla. It's at the 4500' level and they said it could be up to 6" by Weds. Fun riding if you've never done it.

Old 12-17-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

I'm usually riding at Jones Creek just out of Vancouver or the hills south of Molalla. I'm always up for riding with new people. Hoping to go this weds to see if there's any snow around Molalla. It's at the 4500' level and they said it could be up to 6" by Weds. Fun riding if you've never done it.

Nope, never been riding in the snow, well except for the 1inch we got here last year. What kind of tires do you run in the snow, paddles, or just the regular tires?? Didn't know there were any semi-close places to ride around here.

Old 12-17-2002, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Isn't Jones Creek closed for the winter?

I rode up on Hillock Burn (somewhere between Estacada and Colton) two weekends ago and had a great time. I am also going to take the quads up to Frog Lake again this winter and ride on the snowmoblie trails. I just ordered 27' Mud lites for my p650, so I will be itching to get out.

Old 12-17-2002, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

I just run dirt tires on the snow. I personally have Maxxis All Tracks and they are great just about everywhere. Lotsa fairly close ride areas. Not any organized trail work at some but still rideable.

Old 12-18-2002, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Mark,

I gotta bug Steve. He was going to test ride a Predator last week. His Cannibal has been in the shop more than it's been on the trail/dunes. I'm up for a snow ride. Wish I would have known you were going today. I would have taken the day off.....(cough, cough)

I'm waiting for a two or 3 day dry spell, and then I'm going to head to Sand Lake to mess around. There shouldn't be much of a crowd. Let me know how the snow is. That place we found last year was really cool....kinda like snow "dunes". Until you had an encounter with the tree hole!!! I still crack up when I see that picture of you getting ready to shoot the raptor and put it out of its misery.

Old 12-18-2002, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Well when any of you guys want to head up for a ride ( weekends are best for me ) just drop a PM or email. Chad, I hope those conditions are repeated this year, that was the best snow riding I ever did. Riding on top of areas that were usually brushy but under 3-6 feet of hard crusted snow is pretty unusual. Btw, I think Jones Creek did close down till April. I'd really like to get a look at one of them predators, if Steve buys one. Also havent ridden with a DS yet.

Old 12-18-2002, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Marky has a DS. He's on my email list, but I haven't ridden with him for about 8 or 9 months. Seems like he's out at Sand Lake just about every weekend if the weather is okay.

I sat on a Predator at the motorcycle show up in Seattle this weekend. It felt pretty good. About the same as the 400ex, but you can't really tell until you ride one. I also sat on the new Eraser quad, Gas Gas 300, and the Kawi V-force (had to sweet talk the dealer....it was behind ropes). Pretty neat bikes. That V-force is huge, but doesn't feel too bad when on the seat.

Quick Reply: Any Oregon predators?