Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Please I need help???

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please I need help???

I recently broke the rear axle on my magnum 325 and we are bying a new one. So we tryed taking it out but we can only get it out part of the way. It is a straight axle and is a shaft drive. So if any one knows how to perform this task please help me, it will be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-21-2002, 07:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Just a suggestion, I'd help you out if I was at home and had access to my service manual....but I would go out and get one, especially if you're gonna takle some of the more advanced repairs. The ambition you have can save you a lot of money, and you can learn the workings of your quad while you do.

Ken

Old 12-22-2002, 07:42 AM
Range Rover

The axle does just pull out the right side of the quad. Make sure the axle is straight. If it is disformed in any way, it may not pull out. They can be real hard to get out. I've had to beat them out with a 5lb. sledge before.
The best advice here is, like modquad said, go get yourself a service manual. All that knowledge would then be at your finger tips.

Old 12-22-2002, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

So it should just come out of there easy? Because it doesnt look like it is bent at all, It just seems like there is a band that is bigger than the teeth inside of the shaft but i dont know. We havent tryed hitting it real hard with a sledge hammer but do you think this is what i should do.

Old 12-22-2002, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is from the 2002 Magnum service manual Remove 3 left swingarm bolts/remove 4 axle tube bolts/slide axle thru rear gearcase to the right enough to allow the axle to slip off between axle and swingarm./Slide axle thru the gearcase and remove from vehicle.