ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Should Honda have named it Rubicant instead of Rubicon (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/8352-should-honda-have-named-rubicant-instead-rubicon.html)

hondatrx300ex 04-08-2000 02:01 AM

no way man!!!!!!!!!! its not just a bored foremon. its totally different. all you gotta do is look at the pics to see that. gosh you polaris guys think ya'll are so cool since ya'll don't gotta shift. well I dunno see ya homie :D

Hugh 04-09-2000 04:46 AM

Too bad all this bashing is not better directed to keeping the government from running us all out of the parks. I have a SP500 but if I had the money I wouldn't mind having one of each.

Thanks

rancheres 04-10-2000 09:37 AM

Atving, yeah you've really got the facts straight. I think you make this crap up as you go. Lets take a look at your original post, you mention that the Honda will be $1400 more than the Polaris. All indications thus far is that the Rubicon's MSRP will be at $7000. If I'm not mistaken the sp500's price is $6200 retail, now I wasn't a math major but I can tell you the difference between the two isn't $1400. Maybe you should consider just writing about stuff your sure of!

ssjb1 04-10-2000 12:10 PM

hondatrx300ex

How old are you 10 Homie!!!!!lol
grow up

I usally do not say anything but this needed a responce.Sorry if I offened anyone that is above the age of 10

hondatrx300ex 04-10-2000 05:38 PM

I'm going on 16. later homie :D

atving 04-10-2000 08:52 PM

For all you guys that was giving me a hard time on the price seems you need to go talk to your fellow honda riders this priced was derived from the honda forum under rubicon here is the quote from the Post:

EADS, dude our dealer here said that it is going to coast about 7200, and it is going to be a grat 4wheeler i have read every article about it so far i think the same!
i am waiting on one email me to talk about it
whinyryny@yahoo.com

So with this being the first year for the bike and the dealers are not going to wheel and deal on it, because it being a new bike do you actually even get one for $7200...I think not so in fair evaluation if this dealer was right I paid $6000 for my sportsman out the door so now do you think you will get one out the door for $7200...I don't think so...I predict it will be more like about $7400 out the door so for all you guys that was so quick to jump, when somebody actually gets one we will see who eats CROW then.

rooster 04-11-2000 01:53 AM

Atving, it's like you're not the same person you were when you didn't have the Sportsman.

The suggested retail for the Rubicon is $6999. That is the same retail as the Polaris Sportsman 500. When Honda gets caught up making them, I'm sure the price will drop considerably from the retail price.

About the Rubicon being a "bored-out" Foreman, it's not, the engine is pretty much all new. Differences are: Foreman 400 and 450's have a 2 valve head, are air cooled, and camshaft is on the bottom end, and wetsump design. Similarities: both are longitudinally mounted in the frame, and that's about it!

Other differences between the Rubicon and the Foreman's are: of course the new automatic transmission, increased suspension travel, remember that AP front diff on the Ranchers? The Rubicon's got it also, more ground clearance (supposed to be at 9.7") tighter turning radius, oil temp gauge on LCD, bigger in dimensions, different seat, aluminum rims, and of course different looks. This sounds more than a "bored-out" Foreman.

I hope I see an article on a test drive of the Rubicon soon!

P.S. Atving, 60 wpm is good, but do that with one hand like me, then you know you're good!!!

trailboss450 04-11-2000 04:40 AM

I probably should just let this pass but with my back ground as a mechanic I can tell you from experience that you dont just "ADD" water cooling to a motor. It takes a total redsign of a motor to make it water cooled.
Also, the transmission they are putting on the Rubicon is totally different from ANY other transmission on ANY other quad ANY where PERIOD.

Enough said!!!!!!!!!!

trailboss450 04-11-2000 05:05 AM

Hondas shy away from mud?????????? Since when?? Actually up here in the northland where Polarises are born we honestly call the trails AROUND the big mud holes "POLARIS trails". Must just be the terrain but we dont see too many Polarises out in the real swamps.
After a day of riding we met some guys on the trail. We asked them Where the MUD was. They told us which trail to take but added "you will never make it" We told them we would be the judge of that. They asked if we minded if they followed and watched. After watching 2 of the 4 of us get thru We Honda riders were told we were ^%^#%@$@ nuts for going into the sink hole. The nice guys on their Sp500's didnt even stay around long enough to see if we needed help to get out.
We didnt need them!!!!!!!!

rancheres 04-11-2000 10:44 AM

ATVING, why do you continue to put your foot in your mouth? You have absolutely NO CLUE as to what your talking about! MSRP for the Sportsman 500 and Rubicon will both be 6999. I don't believe that Honda will be reducing the prices as much on the Rubicon as Polaris will on the sp500's, but none the less your incorrect again. I think Rooster has done a good job informing you that the Rubicon isn't anything like the Foreman. I'm not sure why your so intimidated by the Rubicon perhaps you feel you bought the inferior quad?? It's anyones guess as to how good the Rubicon will be, who knows it could turn out to be a piece of junk - not likely however knowing Hondas track record.