Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Should Honda have named it Rubicant instead of Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2000, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here goes the fireworks and I am not trying to start trouble...what am I talking about, your d#m right I am but I guess I am entitled to my own opinion. Is this another one of Hondas marketing strategys like they done on the 400cc bike I mean face it fellows it even looks like a dressed up foreman. You Honda guys want to hang around in here I am going to give you something to read and defend...lets keep it nice though...How many people think Honda is actually boring out the 450cc bike adding water cooling and I must admit sounds like a pretty nice transmission to it and charging $1200 to $1400 more. If honda really wanted to do something why didn't they add disc brakes to it, a 2 to 4 wheel drive lever so you could have put lockers on it or even equipped it with lockers from the factory and had real 4 wheel drive when you wanted it, and a choice of IRS or solid axle...maybe it is just me but I just don't see how people can get so excited waiting for a foreman on steroids that don't have half the features a sportsman does yet cost $1200 to $1400 more. If someone can explain this I will surely listen the only conclusion I can come to is create a new bike hype dress up a foreman, don't add any extra items like a 4 wheel drive switch etc. meaning more profit for honda and charge $1400 more for it. Oh well maybe they did name it right rubi...con

Old 04-07-2000, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

"you don't want to start any trouble" . . . nice way to start out a post. Your a flat out idiot! How about this lets wait tell the Rubicon comes out and then make our decision, perhaps your right maybe this thing will be overpriced. Then again maybe this new tranny will spark a new trend in the industry. Atving, you are notorious for jumping around this forum and bashing Hondas, when you change your ways maybe you'll get a little more feedback to messages. Just two days ago you told us that the rubicon was air cooled and the rancher had 7 inches of ground clearance - sounds like someone this is uninformed and out to no good. Good day.

Old 04-07-2000, 10:45 AM
Trailblazer

this is a polaris forum. I dont know about everybody else. I could care less about any thing else but polaris. You dont see me going to all other forums to bash. stop wasting our forum time with youre pissing and moaning or trying to start a fight

lipp
99 sc 400 ful mod

Old 04-07-2000, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

If all you care about is Polaris, why bother even reading the thread?

Old 04-07-2000, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

I dont have to read it to know it dosent belong

lipp
99 sc 400 ful mod

Old 04-07-2000, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

Yeap, I totally agree with ya lipp. I personally like Polaris and Honda quads, own both . . .but when someone makes a post like this I really like to take offense. If you want to bash the rubicon, then why don't you go to the Honda formum and do it? Or is it easier to run back with your tail between your legs and make the post in a less hostile environment.

Old 04-07-2000, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer

the only reason they come to the polaris forum and bash is becouse there is no one else in the other ones

lipp
99 sc 400 ful mod
or what ever you like

Old 04-07-2000, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Rancheres, don't take the bait, your opinions of the topic starter are on the money.

Old 04-07-2000, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer

I also agree with his first post not with the way the org started, "I dont want to start trouble"

lipp
99 sc 400 ful mod

Old 04-07-2000, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

I think this is just a plain stupid topic. Will someone tell me how this topic is in any way useful please?

And atving. I am a Polaris fan, but I don't go bashing other makes. And before you go bashing them, you at least need to get your facts straight.

Quick Reply: Should Honda have named it Rubicant instead of Rubicon