Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Chain Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Chain Noise

I know this was talked about a little bit, but I was wondering if anyone found the cause or a fix for this. I've only driven mine for about 20 minutes, but that noise was nasty. I was wondering if anyone who has had one for a little bit, if the chain seems to be wearing real bad on the plastic guide on top or the roller on the bottom. Thanks a bunch!! Also wondering, what was up with the repair recall on the front break calapars?

Old 01-09-2003, 12:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The recall was to check the torque of the caliper bolts....by the way, is it just me, or are all three calipers the same? Not sure about the noise/fix, or if it's something to live with. I would suggest keeping an eye on your tension and keep it properly adjusted for now.

Ken

Old 01-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

I noticed the same on my roller. I took it too the dealer and he commented that sled hyfax do the same thing, wear really fast at first and then harden off. I had a gooy substance left on my roller from what had melted off. So I scraped that off and a good hard plastic roller emerged. I've been keeping an eye on it and it hasn't changed drastically. Also, try tightening up your chain real good, helps reduce the drag...but alas, you will always hear the roller turning at low speeds.

--------------
03 predator