Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ARE WE IN TROUBLE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2000, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the ATV clubs here in Minnesota has a stretch of highway they clean up, the state puts a sign up saying who helps to keep area clean.
Just an idea. I have to agree with everybody here, It is up to us to try to limit the damage done to all of are reputations by these few irresponsible riders.
Safe riding,
Spark

Old 04-10-2000, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Sparke which club do you belong to, also are you a member of atvmn, and are you coming to roseau mn in may for the spring convention ,it is the 5 ,6, 7 of may

Old 04-11-2000, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

Bill:
I'm glad to see everybody is taking a liking to the idea. That is great! You think there is any way for us on the other side of the U.S., to help out? I'm a little ways away, for a weekend outting to the east coast! Heh Heh Heh. I really like the idea of posting it, allowing for media, that type of stuff, that would really help our cause, with the darn tree huggers! Also, a state by state type ordeal would be great. Please keep me informed of your updates, and how it is going. I'd like to help out in any way possible.

Also, with Atving's idea about the e-mail petition thing, if you get something going, let us know! Lets keep our sport growing, and in a positive way. I'd like to help you all out, but I'm affraid there isn't much I can do back here in Washington. Who knows, if money permitted, maybe make a huge road trip out that way, try to get as many people together for something like this from as many places as possible. Have full media coverage, letting people know what is going on, would not only make for a fun and exciting weekend, but also put out a really good name for atver's in general. I don't know what the going rate for aluminum is, but with what I saw in the few hours of riding on Sunday, you could have made a fortune! Whatever money that was made from the recycling, could then be put into the various atv clubs, etc, as mentioned earlier by somebody else.

Great idea guys!, Keep us posted!

Mike

Old 04-11-2000, 03:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Bill the only reason we think we are in trouble is because all these older generations want to be able to walk through our woods on trails that we the atv'ers created and made i have seen it here in this little private "community" where i live they like our trails that we have rode on for years and now they think they should just walk through them without a nice echo of 4- wheelers coming through they think it should be nice and peaceful for "their " walk!!! they want to enjoy nature and so do WE!!! Dont let them people turn the whole planet into a reitirement center!!! If ya get caught pay the fine!!! Just ride and have fun doing it!!! I can handle paying the fine as long as i am having fun!!! Just be careful and dont get hurt!!!

Old 04-11-2000, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Yes we are in trouble. Here in SW Washington we have two riding areas that total 18 miles of "official" riding trails. The horse riders have close to 100 miles. The last DNR (Dept of Natural Resourses)meeting the equestrians were lobbing hard to gain access to our 18 miles of trails but they didn't want the ORV riders on "their" trails. You guessed it, the DNR is thinking about it! The woman, ex-laywer, who is head of the DNR has openly stated that she doesn't like motorcycles or ATV's.

Our club maintains our trails, cuts down fallen trees, build bridges, picks up litter! We do all of this with no state funding. The equestrians on the other hand DO NOT have to maintain there trails the state does it for them!

We need Honda, Polaris, Yamaha, & the rest of the manufacturers to take notice. If our riding places disappear then your PROFITS will also disappear. Advertisements need to run on TV to change the publics perception about responsible ORV use & riders.

Look at the PWC (personnal water craft) industry, there sales peaked 3 years ago, & have been tailing off since. Arctic Cat has gotten out of the PWC field altogether. The main reason is a few bad apples spoiled it, for everyone. The state stepped in & took away many riding places!

If we don't watch out, it will happen to our sport, also. Then we won't have to worry who is fastest, best pulling, best quality, etc, etc,

I will stop ranting now!

Old 04-11-2000, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bill, ya got a great idea. I've always thought that a cleanup ride would be a good way to smooze the public. Maybe ATVConnection would give us a page showcasing pictures of actual cleanup efforts?

Old 04-11-2000, 10:08 PM
Range Rover

Brewmstr69-concerning your post about older generations walking through " OUR" woods on trails that we atvers created is hogwash to me! I don!t know how old you are but am wondering how much land do you, yourself own,which you as an atver has made trails on? I would bet that these trails you claim as yours ONLY are most likely owned by someone else and they probably are some older generation people who have the right to walk in their own woods and trails without you complaining about them! It also sounds that you don!t care about paying fines as long as you are having fun, again probably on some other landowners properties.As long as you are having fun,no one else should have that right,correct? I have been riding for 30 some years and I am also a landowner in NY state and trails go thru my property and my neighbors also, but we are the ones that made them not some irresponsible trespassers who do not care where or when they ride as long as " THEY ARE HAVING FUN"! Its people like you who are making landowners close their properties off to the other 90% of responsible riders. By the way, how many clubs do you belong to and support? I belong to 5 different ones and so do most of the other landowners whose lands these trails cross.Its time some of these outlaw riders wake up and quit telling landowners what to do on their own lands or none of them will have any trails to ride!

Old 04-11-2000, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no sucess yesterday with Bill Chapins e-mail.I will try it again tonight.I was going to try to e-mail him earlier today but I worked 12 and a half hrs,did'nt get home until 8pm.If I cant reach him by e-mail tonight,than I have free long distance on my cell phone so I'll call his office tommorrow from work.One way or another,this will happen,at least in my State.[even if I have to do it myself lol lol.=====BILL

Old 04-11-2000, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Lead the way..I agree totally..

Old 04-12-2000, 12:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good lord Ciliberti! I slack off of this site for a couple months and you blow by me and then some on total posts! Your going to top 1000 by the end of the month at this rate. Do you still have the same sp500? and if you do, has it treated you well lately? I'm starting to get that mud tire fever again. Bought golf clubs instead a month ago, but I have another little stash pot working for some Vamps or Claws. I'd get them today if I didnt have to buy the damn rims.

Quick Reply: ARE WE IN TROUBLE?