Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Plow for my Trail Boss

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plow for my Trail Boss

Hi I read some posts regarding plowing with a trail Boss. I just got a new plow two weeks ago for my trail boss 330 and it works just fine on snow up to 12" deep. I live in eastern Canada and have used it at least 7 times so far. I was told I might have to buy chains but so far my tires are working fine. Some people told me plowing may hurt the belt. iS THIS TRUE? I have not noticed any slipping so far. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't put chains on. If something has to give, let it be the tires. If you get too much traction pushing a lot of weight, then you will start slipping the belt, which is still better than breaking something. Under most circumstances you will spin the tires before you spin the belt. Just maintain a manageable amount of momentum and you should be all set. Chains would be good for icy conditions if you really needed them, as long as you don't have too much weight to push. Good luck.

Old 02-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

oh, and to answer your question, I doubt that you will hurt your belt if it isn't slipping. There may be a little more heat put to it while plowing, but I think the effect would be nominal. And so what if a couple seasons of plowing wears out your belt. They cost about the same as paying someone to plow your driveway once, and they take a half hour to change.

Old 02-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you for the info. I thought as much, but wanted to be sure