Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator wins MX shootout in new issue of dirtwheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Predator wins MX shootout in new issue of dirtwheels

but they didn't like the fact that the Predator was hard or even impossbile to shift under full throttle...
and they said the seat / tank ergonomics weren't too comfy on long rides

the MX track was only 1 of three different tests in the shootout

the RAPTOR won in the drags, and in the woods

the other 2 quads were the Cannibal, and the Z400

Old 02-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing i dont get is that they said the seat had a hump in the middle of it..i dont have a hump in the middle of mine!

Also..they say the raptor out did the pred..fine, now which is faster, a banshee or a rapt? Everyone says the banshee...well guess what..my cousin has a shee, and i raced him from a secnd gear roll..pulled ahead of him and never looked back! Werid i guess...i dont know why they had such a hard time shifting it..

OH and another thing..they list the stats for each bike, and for each rear shock is says they ALL have compression, rebound and Pre-load adjustment...i didnt think the raptor and Z400 had that! But maybe im wrong..i didnt notice it on the raptor when i was looking at one!

Old 02-06-2003, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

No, the Raptor and Z400 have compression and everything on the back, but only preload in the front.

Old 02-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

They all only have preload in the front, The Predator and Cdale have more adjustments on the front but still only preload! Unless you get a moto or The higher end front shocks on the Predator!

Nocando

Old 02-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

The predator I rode wouldn't shift unless you used the clutch, sometimes it did but not many. Maybe they were talking 'bout powershifting.......

Old 02-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Mine shifted fine without the clutch..i know cause this is my first manual bike..and the first day i had it..i was just driving up and down my driveway and shifted second and third without the clutch..opps! IT went in fine though..no grinding or anything..werid...

BUt for the artical..yeah its powershifting...they have to let off to shift..where as the other bikes you could just leave it pinned and click the gears...

Old 02-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer

How did the raptor win in the woods? The front end comes up easy and its tippy. Those 2 things can be a death wish in the trails.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

that article was a complete joke. They need some new blood at Dirtwheels....It's getting pretty bad....

Old 02-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think it was a joke at all, I agree the Predator and Cannondale are better track quads, I would also agree that the Raptor and LTZ are better trail quads. That was basically all the article said! You can disagree with that if you like but I think quite a few people would agree! I would love to know what you would expect them to say. Not ragging you just curious what you would say against the above!

By the way when I say trail quad I do not mean XC race quad!

Nocando

Old 02-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, I to agree the Cannondale is a track quad, I haven't ridden a Predator yet, but I've seen one on a track, and I wasn't too impressed. The last couple of articles, they've raved about the Z400. Put it above the Cannondale and Raptor in the track test....now it's 3rd????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I'm not cutting down any machine, just the mag. I'm sick and tired of their actions and their opinionated articles.

There isn't ever any consistentcy within their shootouts. Same machines from issue to issue, usually never the same outcome. Doesn't make any sense to me....

Quick Reply: Predator wins MX shootout in new issue of dirtwheels