Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

trailblazer vs warrior

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 08:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailblazer vs warrior

i just put on the hpd pipe and clutch kit and i was wondering if i could smoke a warrior or at least a 100 yards?

Old 02-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When I first got mty TB I put on the HPD trail pipe and agressive clutch kit and I was able to beat a warrior. Not by much though. Now it,s not even close. You should easily get him off the line and be ahead untill he hits 4th gear then he will catch you and slowly pull away in a long drag. I have raced many warriors with that set up. If you really want to make sure you beat him get a bigger carb or the trailporting. I know someone that can do the porting cheap and does a great job. It would only be down for a week or so.

Old 02-08-2003, 11:16 AM
Range Rover

My friend has one. He says once it hits a certain RPM it just tops out. I could beat him on my stock Warrior. Now that I am building my engine to 30hp he's out of luck!

Definitely get it ported...probably the most HP gain for the money spent.

Hey this looks like a thread from PA atving!
2manytoys- Maybe my friend would be interested in the porting. Can you Email me the contact info?

Old 02-08-2003, 11:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The pipe and porting will give you the biggest increase in hp. It makes a huge difference. The porting works best with the pipe but not sure about just doing the porting alone. With all the mods that I have Im running a little over 40 hp. It is really quick. I know warriors are faster on the top but the bottom end on the Tb is a little better stock for stock. If he got a pipe on his TB he would bring the rpm,s up dramaticly. And make it a good race for the 350. You can contact Bubba297. He does alot of polaris porting. Race and trail for the 250 and 400,s. His price is really good and has it back to you quick. He did mine and I am very satisfied. Anymore questions just ask me.

Old 02-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

2manytoys,

Yah, the porting and pipe are the two biggest things to do to get H.P. A bigger carb is good too, but you have to have the first two done to get the most out of the bigger carb.
Your TB must be quite a ripper. The HPD reed conversion motor is only rated at 39 HP with race gas.

Old 02-08-2003, 12:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont know if it is a true 40 hp Im just going by what all the mods give for hp. Pretty much added everything up.

Hpd pipe 8hp
porting 6hp
34mm carb 3hp
milled head 2hp
boaring 3hp
bolt on K&N airfilter maybe 1hp
flywheel shaved quicker rpm,s

I know it adds up to more than 40 hp but i would say at leaast 40. I can beat a stock 400 and top out at 66-67mph. It has very strong bottom end. I can go 1/4 throttle and hit it wide open and lift the front wheels up. And I dont even have full rpm,s. I am short 300 rpm,s. Dont know where I am losing it. I know it sounds unlikely that a TB can be that quick. I would not have believed it if I did not see it for my self. Everything has worked well together and I spent half of the money that the race mod costs. Warriors are no problem. I can eat them up with ease.

Old 02-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Range Rover

That 40hp does sound a bit much. Especially with a 34mm carb.

As far as eating Warriors, stock ones yes, my modded one....who knows? You do have the advantage of a 2 stroke so I'm sure it's possible. I race in the trees and the hp isn't as much as a factor there.

As long as you enjoy what you ride it's all good![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 02-08-2003, 05:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I ride mostly in the woods also. I know hp is not much of a factor in the woods. I rode a Banshee for 8 yrs and hated riding in the woods. It was too much power and handled like crap. People under estimate the potential of a Trailblazer. I am 6,1 225 lbs so the TB fit me much better than my Banshee but it was way underpowered in stock condition. I really dont care who is faster, I just like to ride but it helps to have a sleeper with some ba!!s. Yah the 40 hp sounds like alot but if I was able to get that 40 hp to the rear wheels it would be fast as heck. Thats the only downside that I see with automatics. It is impossable to get all that hp to the rear. A warrior would absolutley kill a stock trailblazer for sure. But a piped and clutched TB would give it a good run. God I love the 2 strokes!!!!

Old 02-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Range Rover

Yes I love 2 strokes too. I had a Quadracer back in the late '80s. I just got rid of my 2000 KTM 250mxc. I bought my daughter a quad and thought it was time to get back on a quad myself. Since hers has a little tank I bought the 4 stroke so I could just drain gas out of mine on the trail when she runs out. I was also tired of a high bike payment...that KTM was a little expensive!

Old 02-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 2manytoys

Back in 2000 when my 99 TB was still stock. I hooked up a G-Tech
pro performance meter. It gave me an actual rear wheel HP reading
of 15 hp. That was with drag and all that stuff already figured in.
MY best guess based on a Polaris clutch, it will lose about 20-25 per
cent of its power from the crank to the rear wheels. I would say that
you really have about 30-32 hp. That is be pretty respectable in the
real world! I'm going to hook it up again to mine this Summer and see
what it reads now!

Quick Reply: trailblazer vs warrior