Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

KFX400 or Predator 500?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX400 or Predator 500?

I need to know wich one I should get before Saturday. I wnat to know from anyone personal experience with both machines. Wich one has better handling, jumping characteristics, speed, and so on. Thanks for anyones help....

Old 02-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man,
Check pics my buddy has a KFX and I and the guy who is on the Raptor has Predators...I can say the Predator is on the next level in everything except wheelies...his bike does shine in that aspect. Don't get me wrong I highly recommended that bike to him. But that was before the Predator came out. Mine stock will get him in the drag...I have him by 40-50 pounds as well. His jumps good but the Pred has more suspension..so much that he wants more after jumping mine. Speed in trails they are going to run close but in corners and straits it is no contest. I can wheelie the Pred and walk it just not as easy as his. His has the White Bros pipe. This did give it a better power curve. The main thing is after riding ours he is talking about off-set rims wider A-arms, more suspension, better tires All these come stcok on the Pred...there is no better bike stock for the money. Maybe the moto but hell I could buy 2 Preds...and with the money he spends just to try and get close in handling the power diffrence will not be matched without much$$$ then I can spend a fraction and still be ahead. Ride on....

Old 02-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

My brother has a Z, and I have a Predator, and like Firehawk said, the only place he can stay with me, is in the woods. Other then that, it's all Predator. He even put on a full WB R-4 system, but still lags behind. He will out wheelie me anyday, and if you like wheelies, and need reverse, get the KFX. My brother really likes his Z, but he does admit, it will cost him some money to be able handle like the Predator. His next list of mods are, front shocks (stock are to soft), wheel spacers and a set of new tires. By the time he's done, he will have $7000 into his Z, but still won't beat it in power.

Old 02-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Also, you might want to check out the Suzuki forum about those frame cracks, bends.

Old 02-19-2003, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

My brother-in-law has a Z. Awsome machine, but I prefer mine. When I rode his, I felt I needed a lot more body english then on my predator. Also the predator's steering is just awsome, it goes where I point it and I don't have to push it around in a corner. The power differnce is obvious. After I got my predator and he rode it, he wound up buying an Alba pipe and K&N filter. I don't know if was jealousy or not, but I'd like to think so. I do have to admit, as far as riding the trails, his suspension was a lot cushier. He was really impressed with the predator and all of the aftermaket like OM parts. Try to ride em. Happy shopping.

Old 02-19-2003, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer

The two guys I ride with, both have Z400's. I was really close to buying the KFX, but went with the Predator instead. GOOD CHOICE. The Z is a great quad, just it doesn't like to be pushed as hard. It is soft and easy to ride, and really easy to ride a wheelie on, but the Predator gives me alot more confidence when pushing hard. I put an HMF pipe on it and jetted it, and now I can easily do power wheelies in 2nd and 3rd gear.

With this said, I know you will have a great time on either one.

Good Luck