Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Banshee abuse of the 4 strokes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee abuse of the 4 strokes

I have a raptor and the banshee crowd is pounding on the raptors and predators. I have explained that the banshee is a thing of the past and the future belongs to the big 4 strokes but they keep on yelping about how the shee rules. The shee belongs in the graveyard!!!

Old 03-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider

While I do like the big 4 Thumpers you cannot take anything away from the Banshee it has been virtually unchanged since it's conception and still performs with best out there ,I am by no means a banshee fan they are fun too ride but you can't argue with it's success.
Does it belong in the grave yard hell no but updated frame and suspension yes.
just my 3 cents

Old 03-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish there were more old 2 strokes around like the LT500R but it looks like they will all be gone soon.I stilll love 2 stroke power even when it comes to a 4x4.

Old 03-29-2003, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

The 4-strokes are the wave of the future, mostly because of the EPA restrictions.
For a smaller engine, nothing compares to a properly tuned 2 stroke.
The Banshee could use some chassis updating, though.

Ride a CR250 for a while, then jump on an XR250. There is a notable difference.
As the engine displacement rises, the 4 cycles seem to catch up, maybe somewhere around 350-400ccs (in bikes anyway). Below that, the 2 cycles have a definate advantage when it comes to power to weight.
I have a friend that used to have a tuned to the max CR500 he raced with. That thing was fast. Very fast. Hang-on-for-dear-life fast. It had the kind of power that came on in a rush, and if you weren't ready for it, you didn't drive it. You hung on and hoped you didn't crash. Never had that experience on a thumper. I will give the thumpers credit on having CONTROLABLE power. All the power in the world isn't any good if you can't do anything with it.

Old 03-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

THat is exactly what I have been saying, you need only look to yellowstone and snowmobiles to see where the 2 strokes are headed. I hate them loud smoke blowing little bastards(yes they are fast)!

Old 03-31-2003, 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well you can also look at the banshees this way
It cost twice as much for anything for them beacuse you have to have 2
of everything.
and as for a stock banshee well my little 250 quadracer will out run them.

But you can make them fly
See the post on little sahara.
Well if you do have the money to.

Dana[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2003, 04:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yea right Bubba. Ive owned a LT 250R and if you think its faster than a banshee, even with no pipes, your crazy. That comment about everything costing twice as much just proved how little you know. Id rather buy 2 pipes and wax most anything, than buy one pipe and watch that 2 piped bike roost me...

HossBlur,
Dont be a hater. the Banshee has ruled for so long and no one, even with the so called future being four strokes, has been able to knock the banshee off its perch. Yes, it needs to be updated(Can you say the YZ 450F motor!) and when it is, we'll STILL be out in front! And that my friend is all that counts...

RoostKing...

Old 03-31-2003, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

waiting for a 2 stroke predator,we'll all talk about it then...

Old 03-31-2003, 09:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RoostKing
Yea right Bubba. Ive owned a LT 250R and if you think its faster than a banshee, even with no pipes, your crazy. That comment about everything costing twice as much just proved how little you know. Id rather buy 2 pipes and wax most anything, than buy one pipe and watch that 2 piped bike roost me...

RoostKing...
RoostKing, as you noticed my wife said a stock Banshee. And regardless of what you think you might know her 250 will outrun a stock banshee. It is ported,piped,compression bumped,bigger carb,etc. But she did say a stock Banshee just to clear that up. I made a ton of passes this weekend and know what it will do. It is not a speed demon and wont inch them out by much, but it will do it. Bubba

Old 03-31-2003, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

Heck, I own 'em both.........

Banshee is a dunes only machine. Preddy is my woods and awesome do all machine.

Used banshees are cheap, and have their terrain, It's my indy F1 racer, and the pipe hit is a RUSH like no 4 stroke will ever give.

Still love my torque tho too!

Best of both worlds.

Quick Reply: Banshee abuse of the 4 strokes