Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Some Predator Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Predator Questions???

I've done a search on this forum and haven't found any info on the way they sit. Does anyone have an opinion on how they sit compared to a Raptor? The specs say seat height is 32", but stock tires are 21" front, 20" rear. If my local dealer could keep one on the floor long enough, I could go see for myself, but they can't seem to do that. They go out as soon as they are set up!

Also, is the PRO steering system all that it's cracked up to be? Does anyone notice the handling being that much better, say with cornering, etc?

I see on Polaris's website, they do not have 2004 Predators listed yet. Does anyone know if they will be coming out with a 2004 model?

I'm 5'4", 110 pounds...just sold my Warrior and would like to step up to something bigger, but don't like sitting on a Raptor. I ride mostly woods, a lot of single track stuff because my riding partners (my brother and husband) ride dirtbikes. Am an aggressive rider. Maybe the Predator would be too much machine for me????

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Dunemama

Old 03-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

If you look at my pixs, you will see my Predator next to a Z-400. I know it's not a Raptor, but it can give you a idea how they compare. And yes the Pro steering is everything that it's been written about. Very percise in cornering, and no bump steer. As far as being too much machine for you, only YOU can answer that.

Old 03-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, thanks GE4x4! It does appear to be a little lower slung in your pics too. The seat seems to have a little dip forward, close to the tank, compared to the Z which seems pretty much straight across. Even if the Predator is high, if it's got somewhat of a dip to keep you in the saddle, that might be just the ticket. Specs say wheelbase is 51", but I couldn't find width. I just sold my Warrior, which was a little shy of 48". Too much more than that just wouldn't make it in a lot of the tight spots I've got to deal with.

All in all, have you been happy with your Predator? Any major problems? I've been reading about someone loosing 4th gear? Hopefully that is a fluke.

I really need to see one, set up. I think that will be the only way to tell for sure. As far as too much machine...I just haven't seen any comments from any female owners yet. Curious about that.

Thanks again GE...your pics gave me a little better idea!

Old 03-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

The width of the Predator is 47.5", so it's only a 1/2" narrower then your Warrior. This makes the Predator very stable and predictable. I am very happy so far, and have had no problems. As far as women riding one, I know at Predatorowners.com, thers a women named Angela that rides a FST 530 Predator and is currently in 6th place in the GNCC Womens class. Buy the way she talks, she loves the Predator. She even said that her Predator will be in one of the ATV mags soon.

Old 03-30-2003, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the info GE! The Predator is sounding better all the time!

Old 03-30-2003, 09:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Angela's info will be in an upcoming ATV Sport issue. The Predator is by far the best race-ready, bang for the buck machine out there.

Old 03-30-2003, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Race ready! Race ready! Race ready! Yeah! Yeah! You're are hinting again......

Do you're gallery and get that wicked picture with the Jet engine on there!

Share!

Old 03-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Kev, have you been hanging around Starbuck's again? hehe. Those chocolate covered espresso beans rock, but man are they dangerous. I'll have the website up this week. Got lot's "o" time now. hehe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2003, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Are you doing your own web site?

Old 03-31-2003, 08:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think the proper wording should be, I'm trying to do my own site. Some of this stuff sure can be humbling. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Some Predator Questions???