Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HPD it is, I think

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 11:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPD it is, I think

Ah yes, plenty of testimony from horsepower happy enthusiasts!!! Get out those tools, it's time to make even more dirt fly! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] psst, hey buddy, wanna run 'em? hehe

Old 04-07-2003, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, HPD is the only way to go in my opinion, I've tried everybody & they are the best. How much are you looking to spend & what do you want out of your bike? I've got to agree w/2 many toys if you want to save money Bubba297 can get you a great port job for half the price, that & a carb, pipe & clutch kit & you'll be flying.

96 Sport, BUBBA race port, cool head, HPD race pipe, 38mm carb, clutch & HD belt, lightened flywheel

Old 04-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Range Rover

What I'm really looking for is a strong trail machine, with a bit of muscle. In stock form it is a pretty quick machine but I think with the pipe and clutch kit I should be good to go. I am still contemplating the reeds I'm really not to sure what they are going to add to my scrambler. I think the pipe, clutch and maybe a set of reeeds is as far as I am going to take the mods on my scrambler.

Old 04-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Get HPD's trail pipe & if that's all your going to do then I would just get the $90 clutch kit, reeds & a spacer wouldn't hurt either.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

don't get the reed spacer it suck,it's a waste of money,meanwhile reeds is a good mod to do in order with the trail combo toughs.

Old 04-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Scramblered may be right about the spacer, I have one on mine but I put on my reeds & spacer at the same time so the difference could have been from just the reeds.

Old 04-07-2003, 02:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

One of the major enemies of your carbon fiber reeds is heat. The further away from the combustion process that you space them ,the better protected they'll be. It also has a tendency to lend in the velocity "ram" effect. I've got a 1st generation V-force set for $75 that includes shipping. PM me if interested.

Old 04-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

sportking,i tell you this,get the spacer out and retest,it doesn't cost anything and not much time to do especially if you're running with no-airbox,it worth it, if you want more top end or peak hp,jetting become simpler also then...

Old 04-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll give the no reed spacer setup a try, mine is in pieces & I'll be going back together soon anyways.

Old 04-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I hope the point isn't being missed here, I could be wrong, but the main benefit of the spacer is increasing the reed life. You do need to run it if you have the HPD big bore, but with the smaller bores, it'll still save you hassles. If you do get some porting, don't forget to retard the timing. You'll have to check with HPD on if that's applicable to both the trail and race mods. A couple of free HP never hurt.