Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris OEM Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris OEM Parts

Why does it take so long to get Polaris OEM parts? I ordered a rear sprocket over a month ago and still don't have it. I called several different dealers around nothern Indiana and nobody has them in stock. I wanted to see if it was a problem with my dealer getting parts or a problem with Plolaris getting the parts out to dealers as a whole. I had to wait over 5 or 6 weeks to get my friggen K&N filter. This is the only complaint that I have had since I made the switch from Honda to Polaris quads. They made a sick quad now they need to work on gettin the parts out to their customers. I hate to wait on something once I make my mind up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

Call these guysRich or Bruceat Partsland.
Ask how long it would take them to get you your
sprocket
I never had to wait more then 9 days for anything.

Old 04-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Range Rover

personally, ive never had any problems with my dealer not having things, every time ive gone in there hes always had what i needed, and so far in the past 4 months ive put *new CV joint *new belt *had to have my clutch rebuilt 2 times and am getting a new one *oil and lubes. I had to order K&N Filter Care kit, they didnt have it, they delivered it to my doorstep in about 4 days no problem, now on the other hand my friend just purchased a .40 over Wiseco Piston and rings for his 300 and hes waited a week now and no response so i dont know, maybe some certain things just take awhile, i guess i dont know cuz they have always have pretty much everything i need on hand. But i see why your mad

Good luck, Haz!

Old 04-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Range Rover

hey if you guys know your part # on the K&N filters. you can go to autozone order it. have it the next day. you do not have to pay shipping. thats if you order by 2:00 i think or you will have to wait 2 days tops. been ordering my K&N filters like that. only paid $30 and some change. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If you're talking a rear sprocket for a Predator, you gotta realize there's a HUGE demand. Did they say if it was on backorder status? They should be able to call Polaris on the spot and get you info....if not, find another dealer like the other guys suggested.

Old 04-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

http://parts.worldofpowersports.com/

Email with what your looking for, they will be cheaper than a dealer.

I have bought a multitude of parts from them.

Highly recomended.

Old 04-06-2003, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

Notice how everyone that does not seem to have a problem getting OEM Polaris parts are also the people that do not own a Predator! Predator OEM parts imo have been very difficullt to obtain @ this point. Always seem to be backordered until who knows when. If you really need something, about the only way to do it is to call around to the various Polaris dealers around the country and hope they have one in stock. That is what I have had to do for everything on my Predator to date since I've owned the machine. And that includes oil, filters, o-ring, and anything else you can name. I ordered oil, filters, & o-rings from my dealer four months ago and I am still waiting on the filters. Polaris really dropped the ball on this one!

Old 04-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

I am all for supporting your dealer. Without them where whould you have gone to buy an atv? As for online, somethings (aftermarket parts and accessories) can be found at some pretty hard to beat prices. But when it comes to OEM stuff, trust your dealer. If your local one isn't helpfull, call another. The guys @ SPORT RIDER in Altoona, WI are great. Very helpfull and honest. They've been a dealer for over 20 years so that must mean something! Think about this, if YOU were in their shoes, where would you want your customers to shop?

Old 04-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

If your dealer tried to charge you $700 to install a pair of progressive adjustable springs,
would you go back to him?
Some of us have pretty crapy dealers

Old 04-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah..i ordered my rear sproket..and they also told me it was on back order for a while..i have it now..but i did have to wait a week or so extra for it!

Quick Reply: Polaris OEM Parts