Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator ball joints

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator ball joints

It's a white sticker on the frame up front on the right hand side might be on the inside of frame tube by the shock. It actually shows the date of production. If you look around in that area, you'll see it.

Scott

Old 04-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, what he said...

Old 04-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys, Thats why I joined this forum.
By the way; I have had the predator since Dec. and have finaly got to take it for a blast on sunday.
What a work of art. Polaris did there homework designing this one. Very nice.

Old 04-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Per the maint. manual, they can be pressed in and out, you don't need to change the entire arm.

Old 04-07-2003, 10:46 PM
Range Rover

does any body know the cut of date between the early modles and the late ones alot has been said on this issue every body seams to know when theres is made but how do you know if its early or late?

Old 04-07-2003, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

a pred ball joint secret you can press your own ball joints in and out with a nice bench vise and a $1.25 cent piece of steel tubing from your local hardware store thats what I did when I was told by 2 different dealerships that they could not do it because they did not have the right driver for the pred yet well I was not about to wait for a yr once again for the right part to be delivered so I went to a hardware store and got a piece of steel tubing about 3.5 inches in length and just over an 1.75 in width went home centered the ball joint in the vise (be sure to leave your castlenut on the balljoint (TIP) flip the nut as this gives you more strength when force is applied snug the vise and give about 3 or 4 turns on the vise and wa lah pops right out just reverse the process for install one thing I do agree on is they should come with grease fittings I was told that basiclly these are throw aways from the factory sorry this is long just thought I might be able to help ya.............................

Old 04-07-2003, 11:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Baddazz. But does everybody elses leak grease all the time? I ride in alot of sand. that is not good if they are not sealed and cant be greased exturnally. Has anybody tried to put there own zerk fitting on the tops at least. I don't have a good relationship with my dealer. They never know anything!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] and they still don't even have an oil filter for my bike and I have had it since Dec. THANKS FOR THE REPLIES EVERYBODY!!! love this forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

TLD Predator born on 11/16/02

Top right ball joint loose, dealer warranty work.

Top front a-arm bushings starting to get alittle loose also and will have them replaced with the rear axle seals maybe bearings also at a later date but before the warranty is up.

I'm also going to try to get a new seat cover under warranty.

Does anyone else have small pin holes in there seat covers? They seem to be in pairs and there is acouple in it along the left side and over the top close to the front. Thinking it was from shipping from staples or something???

Old 04-08-2003, 12:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

TLD born on 11/14/02.

Old 04-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Range Rover

mines tld too had any probs with yours mines been fine

Quick Reply: Predator ball joints