Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

KFX 700, or Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 700, or Predator?

I have about 5hrs on my Predator since Dec, mostly due to weather, and a lack of movement from my left ankle (Almost lost my leg 7 months ago). When I bought my Pred in Dec, my Dr. said I should be able to get full movement back in my foot. So I bought the Predator, even tho I could not shift very well, thinking it will get better. Well now it's 4 months later, and I still have a hard time shifting. So the issue I have know is, with the KFX700 being a auto, I can still have a sport ride, and yet not have to worry about my foot shifting. I LOVE the Predator for the amount of time I've been on it, and I have about $6400 into it, (nerf bars, K&N filter, shock covers,13 tooth sprocket, and hand guards) and thats not including the 3 year extended warrenty. So do I take a loss now with so little hours on it, while it's still in new shape, or keep waiting for the foot to get better. I tried out the 700, and it felt good, and had a lot of low end grunt. Steered easy, and sounded nice. The 700 is quite a bit bigger, but felt like the power can handle it easy. The dealer will let me have the orange one for $5999otd, so the loss on the Predator won't seem to bad with the $500 savings on the 700. I like everything about the Predator, and I consider myself a Polaris die-hard (had 9 of them) so this has been eating at me for about 3 weeks now, but I need to make a choice by next week. My brother and I are going to enter in the GNCC race in Pa. on May10. So I need to get some time behind the bars, either by working with the shifter, or squeeze the throttle and go.

Old 04-11-2003, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

I would stick with the pred. You will get the hang of shifting after a while, just takes some practice. Plus you already have that money put into the pred, kinda a waste if you get rid of her[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Tuff luck on the leg GE4x4. I am remembering that I lost last summer riding season because I broke my hand on the first spring outing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hope you have a full recovery.... and get to ride all summer.

You already know that both the Predator and KFX are good solid GNCC machines. The Predator is a good machine to Love ..... .. if you didn't have an injury .... you be off to the races with the Predator.

So if was were in your shoes...I would ask my self the following before I took a financial hit, and sold a machine
I loved......

1. What is the prognosis for a complete healing ?
2. How much longer does the Doctor think the healing process will take?

I believe the KFX would serve you well if you believe that healing is a long time out ... I has to be the best
auto sport quad out there for now.

Good Luck with your decission.

Old 04-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

I have to say here that I saw both the Pred. and the KFX700 in action a few weeks ago at the GNCC in Morganton. I was really impressed with how the 700 was doing, there were quite a few there , I only seen a couple Preds, but IMO, I would worry about the 700 being a first year machine myself, of course the Pred. is too, so, It would really be a toss up to me too, but with all that Polaris knowledge, would you want to step into the unknown like that?? Good question you pose without a real good answer, I guess it is what you feel is the right thing to do.

Old 04-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]700 750 800 I have the 500 but hell go for the biggest. Hell it's only money, in time I'll have them both. Go for the green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2003, 12:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I would get the 700 if you feel the foot is going to cause you trouble for a while down the road. If you had a 700 since december would you have ridden it more than you did the predator. Under these conditions no one will care that you jumped ship. The predator is a good quad, but what good does it do if you can not comfortable ride??? Get the 700 and kick up some dirt. 3 or 4 years down the road decide if you want another predator and enjoy a 700 now. My son had 2 brian surgeries 4 years ago and has a weaknes on his left side. After struggling to shift his badger for a few weeks i went and got him a lt80 and off he went.

Old 04-12-2003, 07:26 AM
Pro Rider

14mins
You are right, if I had the 700 in Dec. instead of the Predator, there would be a lot more hrs on it then 5. All winter I had many chances to ride the Predator, but because of my foot, wasn't too eager to ride it. All the other comments are great, and as far as first year, I'm not to worried about it, I did buy the Predator. The only thing I'm concerned about, is the weight and handeling. I had a Scrambler 500 4x4 and a Sport 400, and they both went great, but the handeling wasn't the greatest. The Predator handels great, but I don't know how good the 700 will be.

Old 04-12-2003, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider

I think The handeling is awesome on th KFX ..... but I have never been on a Predator ???

I dont think you would be disapointed .... did you catch the thread about KFX on an MX track
a while back ???

check this out ... KFX 700 on MX track

Old 04-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

get the v-force 700,it actually run 75 mph in stock trim,torque monster!

Old 04-13-2003, 01:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I do not think the 700 will handle as well as the predator stock. I am impressed on how the predator keeps the front wheels glued to the ground. I rode the predator and my rappy back to back on night last week. The predator out handled my rappy. My rappy has a wider axle and tcs shocks, the predator was stock. lol

Quick Reply: KFX 700, or Predator?