Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rath airbox mod for Predator

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rath airbox mod for Predator

For all of those "bickering" about the airforce kit (come on guys, give it up), Rath finally has listed his airbox mod on his website. Rath Racing. He claims 4-6 hp gains with it. I don't know if that is with or without pipe or with or without K&N, but from the number the airforce kit posts, I will assume it's just opening the box that gives the hp and rejetting. Looks like the kit comes with some velcro, outerwear, a couple main jets, and a pilot jet. I'm just posting this to say "Hey, check out the cool aftermarket parts"! Don't any of you start your aifforce war in this thread, it's purely for info. only, NOT CRITICISM! He's listing his kit at $65, which sounds a little high, but maybe there is more to it than I can see. I can understand that he charges some labor to make the product, but if you consider the outerwear to be around $15, the velcro is cheap, $3 a piece for jets...anyone else have more info. on this product?

Old 04-23-2003, 03:42 PM
JGL
Trailblazer

When I got my kit as I stated in "Airforce kit War" thread as you called it. I was pleased with the fact it came with directions (3 pages) suggestions for tuning and ideas for different riding types. $65 for the all the parts which yeah it doesn't add up to $65 but the knowledge and info is worth something. You don't need to make endless phone calls on how to get it to work.

Old 04-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Just wondering why no one is talking about the Aaen stuff for the Pred. They claim 7 HP with the silencer, 5 HP with the big bore kit and no numbers on the air kit. Just wondering why no one has mentioned it yet??

Old 04-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

You just mentioned it. Any links to more info?

Old 04-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Yeh, Here it is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

I like that AAEN silencer, looks like a 2 stroke canister almost. They claim7hp??? I wonder what jetting they are doing with that? And they say for racing only, but claim it is as quiet as stock. hmmm...Maybe I should give them a call and pick their brains about it!! What does everyone else think?

Old 04-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Go for it, they will answer any questions you have I am sure, unless it is a secret or something, but everytime I have called they were more than happy to answer any question I had....

Old 04-23-2003, 10:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Aaen is a VERY smart person. He's been there done that. Like you guys said, Rath has some kick-butt info along with his kit. Seen the Hot Seat unit on their site yet? Simple, but sure flows. I think they said they're 630 kit was gonna be ready soon.

Old 04-24-2003, 03:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Bart, isn't it fun....where'd who go!!! They guys a blur.

Old 04-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

NCScrambler: Thanks for the link.

Pudljumpr: Let us know what they say. I thought the same thing when I read it. The pipe looks sweet and is really light.

The pipe looks sweet! I'd love to see some pictures of the full intake kit with the mud shield if anyone has some.

I'm wondering if the pipe gain is with the intake kit or on it's own. If it's on it's own, that would be crazy power. Maybe they'll post a dyno graph soon.

Quick Reply: Rath airbox mod for Predator