Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HPD Predator prototype

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPD Predator prototype

Just back from a invite to ride. The welds had barely cooled. Flowbench designed, I'll get the numbers along with the upcoming dyno pulls. This is a full system. The racer unit wasn't quiet....but who cares. There is gonna be a spark arrestor quieter version. The otherwise totally stock machine....not even a drop in K&N pulled fast and steady. Once again I'll get dyno results and get those posted. I was told about a month for the porting, cams, etc to come together. Then unfortunately there will be a finalized durability testing/proving period. Purposely lugging the motor, then pinning the throttle basically yielded an instant power response. It was basically spreading that explosive upper powerband of the stock machine, out to the entire RPM range. You have to be on the ball, cause shifting comes fast and furious. Darrell wants a Predator shootout, not yesterday, or today, but when shops have had their full opportunity to do their best.....he said that with an evil little grin.

I'm gonna check on the 630 Hot Seat kit tomorrow. Someone was saying Aaen had something in the works also. Along with some of these other big kits coming out, gonna have to organize a shop shootout. Warm up the dyno, and timing lights.

Old 04-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Modquad, stop teasing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Go back to that shop and be a pest until you get those numbers. Just sit there over there shoulder saying "Is it fast yet? Is it fast yet? Is it fast yet? How bout now?" LOL

Old 04-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Darrell gets this look after he's been busting his butt on something....he had that look. Just like last year when he was developing the power-valved motor. Mike his Tech is a good sized guy, he rolled on the gas from low rpm in second and the front popped and he just carried it down the track. This was with everything else stock. He's been flowbenching some intakes, along with twenty something other parts they're developing. Hot Seat's shop was pretty busy the last time I was there too. Gonna be interesting. I'll do my best to get documented numbers, but I'm only able to print what they say, gotta keep the trust. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2003, 11:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

One other note, I should have a heads-up tach to test out by this weekend. I'll try to get pics posted along with my other, overdue website update.

Old 04-28-2003, 04:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Any numbers yet??