Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

no Sport, but maybe a Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 06:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no Sport, but maybe a Trailblazer

The deal with my buddy fell through for the sport, but I also happened across a 99 trailblazer for 1500, does this sound reasonable? Also will it be big enough, I am about 6'3", and 220. It wont stay stock for long, what is the best source for after market parts, I've looked at Hotseat, HPD, and aaen, they all claim pretty impressive numbers, does anyone have any experience with these? Thanks.

Old 05-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Their are a few guys on here with fast Trailblazers and with all the mods. I have a '93 Trail Boss, same 250 motor as the trailblazer, different plastic and slightly different frame. I have a 0.40 over Wiseco piston, shaved head, 34mm Carb, ported cylinder, Uni Clamp-on (no Air-Box), Holeshot XC's, AAEN clutch Kit and AAEN pipe and Non spark arrestor Silencer. I have took everything that didn't serve a purpose I also shaved some plastic.

I have Aluminum wheels and a HPD pipe with MTQ silencer on order, I can't wait to try the pipe. I'll have to modify my back frame so the silencer will bolt up, Trailblazer and Boss use different mounting systems.. I expected that and I'm the fab man so I don't think that will be a problem.
It's about three times the power of stock and will yank your arms, I'm still not done modding and probably never will be.. For starters I would get a pipe and clutch kit, that would make a huge difference.
I have heard excellent things about HPD and RCR. Stay away from Hotseat, from what I've heard. I liked my AAEN pipe but is was falling apart. Keep this post goin till I get my pipe and I'll give you a review on how I like it and how it performs. I'll also get some better pics of my Trailboss than just the one in the gallery.

www.hpd-inc.com
www.rittercycle.com
www.aaenperformance.com

Old 05-04-2003, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6'3" 220# you are a pretty big boy for a TB. I would look for a 400 sport if I were you. Also the 400 is liquid cooled as compared to the TB air cooled. With your size and weight it will work the TB fairly hard. Don't get me wrong I had a TB and I weigh 250 and it got me around real well. If you decide to mod which ever bike you get I would recommend getting with Bubba297 on this forum and check out his porting.

Old 05-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 99 TB with just about all the mods know to man. Check out my
photo gallery. 2manytoys has alot on his quad too. I like HPD but whoever
you go with stay with them totally. All parts compliment the others.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I am 6'2 225 lbs and the Tb stock was a comfortable ride but lacked in power. I read posts from Talonhawk,modquad,and bubba297 way back when I first bought mine. I figured I would take the cheap way out and get a DG pipe,change the primary spring,k&n bolt on airfilter, bigger main jet. After doing these mods I figured it would have more power. I read posts about DG pipes saying stay ayay. I did not listen. Well It fell flat on its face. It was even slower than stock. Then I started to listen to what everyone was doing. After all the waisted money I finally did it right and went with one of the best. HPD!! just adding the pipe made me realize that this quad has potential. Well I didnt stop there. I am almost moded to the gills and really have not spent that much money. It will definately give a 400 scrammy a run for its money. I am very happy with it. It fits me great,it handles trails awsome and climbs like crazy! The only reason I went with the 2000 250 is I got it for $1600 and put about $800 into it. So for 2400 total I just cant beat it. I absolutley smoke warriors,blasters,Suzuki 230 and 250 quadracers. Not to mention keeping up with a scrammy. If I had the money I would have waited for a 400 to build but I dont regret it at all. It is a very capable machine and there are tons of mods for them. If you do start to do mods make sure you stick with the same company you started with. Dont mix and match and DO NOT GO WITH DG PIPES. No matter how much there price tempts you. BTW Bubba297 does great porting work!! He can set you up.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

The TB 250 is not enough for a big guy like you. You'll find the 400 much more to your liking.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

True unless you find a cheap one and mod it. Then it would be plenty.

Trending Topics

Old 05-05-2003, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does $1500 sound like a deal? I'm going to go look at it tonight, so I'll keep everyone posted, if I do end up getting it, it's definitely not going to remain stock for too long. Sounds like HPD is the way to go then? Thanks.