Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Comet Clutch Available NOW!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comet Clutch Available NOW!!!!!

This is where I buy some of my parts from it is a Canadian company so the prices are in canadian dollarsComet Clutch
It seems it is only out right now for the 2 strokes 400 , 250 but more modles are pending , Just thought some of you would be interested
Just scroll down the C index and click on the page number beside Comet clutch

Old 05-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

this is some great news,it is good to see that they offer a balanced version unit,i'll have mine soon.

Old 05-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

Does anyone know if the comet clutch is for a stock or piped machine or can they be calibrated for either one?

Old 05-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The clutching can be changed to whatever you are running for engine combos.

Old 05-11-2003, 01:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Like Bubba said, the clutching, like the stockers can be changed. Just got mine this last week, along with the new TEAM unit.....gonna be fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Been playing around with one for a few weeks,nice peice. You can easily play with belt side gap etc.like a 108EXP by using shims under the center bolt. The diameter is larger,but the belt will not go any higher than the stock unit without modifying it.
Modquad,keep us posted on the results with the team on your Quad. That team clutch has proven to be the quickest backshifting,and most durable clutch for sno-x. There are however,many snowmobile drag racers (especially on smaller twins) that are claiming better ET's with the older style button clutch,and they are fighting for a ruling from ISR to be able to run the older button clutch in the stock class. The Skidoo guys have already gotten their ruling to be able to remove the new RER secondary from an 800 REV and use the old clutch. (ISR made the bulletin based on "lack of tuning components" for the RER secondary) Now some of the Polaris racers are "justifiably"wanting that same ruling.

Old 05-11-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

i agree,as a long time sledder i prefer the old helix buttons,the're some issues of top speed lost with a roller,but bachshifting is improved a lot
on the quad,i think it is the way to go cauze they're a lot more wear/heat in those smaller clutchs...
keep us posted on that team roller,i really want to known what helix angle they should provide with them to get good top speed...

Old 05-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Jwb
Range Rover

Just give it time. The older style clutches have been out there for so long that they have them figured out down to a T but the Team is by far the way to go. I have one on my 99 scrambler that I ordered from my dad not only because he is a dealer but it turned his wild modified engine that has no torque and gives it lots of low end grunt. Same with my scrambler so smooooth it upshifts and backshifts like NO OTHER.

Old 05-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Range Rover

I see a few posts on here about modding quads and have had some thoughts. I didn't check the price on the ATV Comet clutchs but do know for snowmobile applications they are well over $1k. Has anyone bothered to try and put a snowmobile motor in one? I guess what is going through my mind is if a person had a Scrambler 400, for example, why spend upword of $1500-$2000 in mods to acheive 60-70hp? A complete good used Polaris 600 twin motor that produces 110hp can be purchased for around $1000-$1300. I know this isn't a drop in and go project but sure sounds like it would be worth it for the money. You may have to do some cutting out of the floor boards but seems that it would fit in somwhat easily. Now the pipe might be a different issue. You can cut and change the angle of the pipe but have to be careful not to loose it's length (either shorten or lengthen) for it will loose performance. Probably would have to get one custom made by a good pipe maker though. You could get ride of the battery all together or add on the electric start.......AAaaahh, just pondering.

Old 05-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

What is meant by calibrated or uncalibrated? If I have the aggresive clutch
kit from HPD does that mean I can transfer the parts to with clutch?
The calibrated or uncalibrated clutch?

Quick Reply: Comet Clutch Available NOW!!!!!