Polls Post your Polls here

does anybody know how

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anybody know how

whats the beest way to adjust the front end of a artic cat 500 4x4 , does anybody have a measurement to shot for

Old 01-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

Do you mean the toe or the shocks? im guessing you mean the toe. I simply center the handle bars, tie a rope(about 10ft long) to the ball or hitch in the rear, wrap it around the back tire(you know down the side of it) and along the side of the front tire. With the rope tight i can see how far my tires are toed in or out and then i start making small adjustments on each side till all tires are lined up with the back tires. You know its straight when the rope barely touches the side of the tires. I normally toe about 1 degree out so when i give it gas they tend to straighten out instead of "V" inward. Kinda like an old ford when it backs into a parking spot!! I hope my short explanation helps.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

we have trid to straighten it ( not tried ur way yet , but will) and its like fighten with a bear to turn it , it will keep ithe direction u was going for prob five foot then all of a sudden grab , we have trid it straight up & down & toed both ways , mayb ur way will help us , thanks

Old 01-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

it can get frustrating i know. lol. when you are turning the tie rod to adjust the toe, sometimes the handlebars start to move also. So when you think you have turned the tie rod just enough, the dang handlebars have turned also making it more diffcult to get in line. You say is will drive straight for a bit. Has the bike been rolled or wrecked. Mine used to do that after my friend rolled it and when triding and barely turning the tire would grab all of sudden and turn real sharp. I had found that th A-arm mount was bent a bit on the right. I had to cut a slit in it,bent it back then re weld it. hope yous get it figured out!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

dont rember it ever being wrecked , im wantin to get some mud lites for it , the tires r bout shot thats on it