Polls Post your Polls here

Helmets

Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't wear a helmet when plowing the drive, but any other time it's on before I hit the throttle.
On a side note. For years I harped at my brother-n-law about wearing a helmet and he always shrugged me off about it. Two years ago I badgered him in front of my sister about the dangers of going without, afterwards she got all over him about getting one and actually wearing it. It wasn't 3 weeks later we had a pretty severe storm and the following day my B-in-law and I headed for the trails with him leading the way, fast and furious style on his raptor. As we ran the trails we came to an area where the storm had knocked a 4x4 sized branch down to head level where Mr fast and furious abruptly flew backwards off the bike from the impact. As his senses came back all he could say was whew! It's a good thing I was wearing my helmet. I was relieved he wasn't hurt other than bumps and bruises. And in my mind I was saying , I told ya so, I told ya so. nanner nanner boo boo. LOL

Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

^^ It's nice to know we have such a mature group of people here

Old 04-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by readymixer169
I don't wear a helmet when plowing the drive, but any other time it's on before I hit the throttle.
On a side note. For years I harped at my brother-n-law about wearing a helmet and he always shrugged me off about it. Two years ago I badgered him in front of my sister about the dangers of going without, afterwards she got all over him about getting one and actually wearing it. It wasn't 3 weeks later we had a pretty severe storm and the following day my B-in-law and I headed for the trails with him leading the way, fast and furious style on his raptor. As we ran the trails we came to an area where the storm had knocked a 4x4 sized branch down to head level where Mr fast and furious abruptly flew backwards off the bike from the impact. As his senses came back all he could say was whew! It's a good thing I was wearing my helmet. I was relieved he wasn't hurt other than bumps and bruises. And in my mind I was saying , I told ya so, I told ya so. nanner nanner boo boo. LOL
The fact that this Genius wasn't wearing a helmet on a Raptor says it all... He is very lucky not to have had an issue prior to thise... I am very glad he FINALLY came to his senses....

It is one thing not to wear a helmet on a utility quad (Though I ALWAYS wear one) but on a Sport quad? Let alone a 660 or 700 Raptor? Now that is Pure stupidity!!!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mud-D
^^ It's nice to know we have such a mature group of people here
awww, c'mon, that "nanner nanner boo boo" comment is the little kid inside all of us. seriously, i commend those who thrash the others about wearing helmets. we wear ours. i've told my kids that if i catch'em without a helmet, whether on their quad or someone else's quad, i'll give their quad away right in front of them. i ain't gonna put up with stupidity. my kids are believers in helmets after they saw me get taken out by a large low hanging branch. gashed the helmet open when i landed on a jagged rock after the branch made me leave my seat on the quad.
so heck yeah, i wear a helmet.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Jaster94
awww, c'mon, that "nanner nanner boo boo" comment is the little kid inside all of us. seriously, i commend those who thrash the others about wearing helmets. we wear ours. i've told my kids that if i catch'em without a helmet, whether on their quad or someone else's quad, i'll give their quad away right in front of them. i ain't gonna put up with stupidity. my kids are believers in helmets after they saw me get taken out by a large low hanging branch. gashed the helmet open when i landed on a jagged rock after the branch made me leave my seat on the quad.
so heck yeah, i wear a helmet.

I was smiling when I posted that "mature" comment. I agree. I've had those thoughts many times. Chronologically I may be mature. As for my behaviour, ask anyone who knows me and...well...let's just say there are times that prove I've never really grown up

I agree with your comment about the kids. Fortunately for my kids, even at the young age they are, they understand these are not toys, they are motorized vehicles. Accidents happen. You need to do what you can to protect yourself.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mud-D
I was smiling when I posted that "mature" comment. I agree. I've had those thoughts many times. Chronologically I may be mature. As for my behaviour, ask anyone who knows me and...well...let's just say there are times that prove I've never really grown up

I agree with your comment about the kids. Fortunately for my kids, even at the young age they are, they understand these are not toys, they are motorized vehicles. Accidents happen. You need to do what you can to protect yourself.
yeah, i figured you were smiling/giggling. i was just ribbing you a little bit. heck, i haven't heard readymixer's kid comment in years, it was hilarious. and yeah, i guess we're all toysrus kids at heart.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

Riding with my dogs on our property-never.Riding where I've never rode before,yes.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

Riding my utility quad, never. It gets in the way of the beer can LMAO,(usually just putting around the yard doing chores) Riding my Banshee OMG yes never even kick it over without it on

Old 12-24-2011, 11:55 PM
Range Rover

It depends where I'm at and what I'm riding, one group of guys I go with runs along the trails at 10-12 mph, just cruising and enjoying the day, normally riding the foreman, no helmet for these trips, not for the mud holes either. Now if I'm drag racing or ripping around on the DS650 in the sand or any trail for that matter, I've got the helmet on.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:10 PM

well.. doing small jumps, doughnuts, and feild riding... all i wear on my head is my hat.. and my hat.. wears... its hook And my boots..

when i go on a trail ride or to a track i have helmet/some gear on..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Helmets