General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Got a 1986 lt230s for $100

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a 1986 lt230s for $100

Hey how's it going first time poster long time rider. Just wanted to show you guys what I got going on right now. It wouldnt turn over so I was just going to keep the tires and junk the quad. But curiosity got the best of me so I tore into the motor to find the top inch of the bore was totally rusted... so I sent off the cylinder and head to the machine shop. Because the rust it was bored .050 over. They supplied me with a shindy piston and a gasket set. The rearend was totally siezed up too, so I ordered bearings and was ready to throw them in when I saw the carrier was cracked..so back to ebay for a good used one and I did the obo feature and saved 20 bucks. The front tires felt as if the bearings had dissolved so after some cutting with the grinder I got the bearings off the spindles and fresh ones pressed into the hubs. Hope everyone likes the pics
​​​​​