Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2004 Polaris 700 efi

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Polaris 700 efi

No power to fuel pump. When I jump the fuel pump it works. Battery is good. Is there a fuse or relay?

Old 09-23-2017, 04:09 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Check the 15 amp fuse first and the fuse block wiring. This fuse powers the efi system. If that's ok,then you can swap the relays around. Both are the same,one is the power relay,one is the fan relay. If the pump still doesn't kick on,you can check the plastic bag enclosed10 amp circuit breaker located up the wiring harness from the relays, but I still think it's for the fan relay.If corroded,no power going through,cheap to replace at any auto supply.2004 was the first year model and may be a little different from the 2005 manual I'm looking at.The manual may help more than I can on this one.2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI Service Manual PDF Download Plus not sure how this harness relay comes into play on the 2004 model.4013353 HARNESS-SOLID STATE RELAY

Old 09-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checked the fuse box all is good. I did however notice when I slide the kill switch to off it kills my instrument cluster and kills the power to the fuse to the far left when sitting on the quad facing forward,
is this normal?

Old 09-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Left control emergency slide switch kills power to the ignition,etc.Yes that would be normal for the far left fuse(as seen sitting on the machine) as it's a 20 amp accessory fuse and has red/white wires running to it. Red and white wires are only powered up when the ignition is on. The wiring diagram in the manual can usually help you understand more about your atv.