Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

tell me what you think

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tell me what you think

ok this is my first post I have wanted an atv for like 2 years I have ridden atv's and I own a cr 500 dirt bike I want to get a atv that is fast in acceleration I am 260 lbs so I need it to also be big the banshee is out of the question i will be getting a pipe for it filter and jet kit this is what I will be doing trail riding hauling *** light mudding light crawling I want it to handle good and haul *** I was thinking of the prairie 700 4x4 but I don't think I need a 4x4 so I am getting a sport quad I want some thing that pulls like my cr 500 lol and it has to be new thanks for your time

I was leaning toward the ds650 and the v-force 700 any other atv u think might be good just tell me what's its strong points are and its down falls thanks

Old 01-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Range Rover

to pull like your cr, you're gonna have to think about either of the 450's or a 500, but they don't have reverse. Reverse is like a security blanket, once you're weined, you might want it, but you'll deal without it. I almost fell for the v-force, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't stand to have that thing roll over me.

Old 01-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

a well built 250r is want u want...or if you have the money to maintain it quadzilla!but personally i would opt with the 250r!!
scott

Old 01-23-2004, 03:38 PM
Range Rover

Hey, Get a raptor!!!!

Old 01-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

welll i am gona go for the ds650 x and then i am gona buy the turbo kit for 3 grand but that wont be for a few months ill tell u how it pulls with it thanks for your info

Old 01-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Slidesquad, your choices are good. You being that big, are locked into only a few choices. Most quads would feel like a toy when you sit on them.

About the only other one I could think of would be a Rappy. But even that would feel small to you I think. From what I have read, you would really like the V-Force. I think it would like the type of riding you do also. The DS is a good quad, but they are ment for open places like dunes and dirt roads. If you want to go trail riding I think you will like the V better. Or maybe even the Prairie like you said?

In the end I would go for the V-Force, but if you like to shift, then about your only other choices, being as big as you are would be the DS or the Rappy.

I have not heard anything bad about any of them. I think you will win with any choice you make!!!! Good luck.

Old 01-23-2004, 04:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I have road both the DS650 and the v- force 700.
My personal preference is the DS.
With just the small amount of mods you mentioned, the DS will rip.
Another plus for the DS is the suspension. It is a very plush ride.
Considering your size, the DS would fit you well.
The draw backs of the DS is that it is heavy and there is no reverse, which can be an issue if you do a lot of trail riding. I have had to pull the beast out of a few tight spots and it is not fun!

The benefits of the v-force is that it is an automatic, and has reverse. But if you are looking for that fast rev, or rip your arms off torque, the auto trans can be a drawback. The power band is very smooth and even. Honestly, I was a little dissapointed considering it is a 700.
Don't get me wrong, I had no problem getting the front end to come off the ground when I punched it, but the overall power wasn't what I thought it should be. I think it's weight is it's biggest drawback.
If you can, I would strongly suggest trying both before you take the plunge and see which one you decide is best for you.

Edit: You may also want to look at the Predators. I have a friend that is about 6'2 and 250 that has one, and it fits him just fine.

Old 01-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

IF you're 260 you need big power, and big bike, I'll say Raptor or DS. You might make a 250 look funny.

Nothing you buy is going to accelerate like your CR until you spend some pretty hefty dollars.

Old 01-24-2004, 04:34 AM
Pro Rider

ya i am gona go for the ds cuz i dont want the auto alltho the v-fors is sick *** hell i know i would never fit on a 250 lol

i wish my local dealer would let me test drive it but they said they dont let people test ride o well i have heard nothing but good about them beside the reverse i dont care cuz i am a strong young lad lol thanks for all your info

ps never buy a honda or suzuki from concord motorsports in ca i am only 19 but i have the cash to buy one they wouldent even help me when i was there looking at the ricon i was there for 30 min and then i got mad and asked if they were gona help me or not and they told me to go get my mom lol so to say the least i fliped on him cursed him out and left lol they are verry bias agins young buyers

Old 01-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the vforce has great low end torque but once you hit that 40 mph mark it is like hitting a brike wall I have heard. But with a simple primary clutch spring change that goes away. as far as moding goes a new cdi will be how (how soon I dont know) for the v-force. It has alot of unlockable power...you just have to find it is all