Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelies

dude i'm sure that noone here knows any secret to popping wheelies that you don't already know. think about it, if you accelerate hard enough, your going to feel jerked back. so is the front end of your quad. if you move your butt back on the seat, your puting less weight on the front so it will be more likely to rise. and if you pull up on the handlebars it takes quite a lot less acceleration to lift the front end.

Old 09-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheelies

I move so far back my legs rub on the fenders, and pull back and gas it...usually pops up pretty far.
When your getting started, find a nice grassy area thats soft and bring it up as high as you can, you may dump it backwards a few times but it aint gonna hurt it.
Do that a couple times and you will find balance point (where the quad feels weightless) then you can wheelie all day long.

Old 09-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default Wheelies

[quote]
Originally posted by: nosliw
dude i'm sure that noone here knows any secret to popping wheelies that you don't already know. q]

actually i do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] now here's the REAL secret [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and pretty much everything u need to know to do wheelies till u want to take it a step furthur... now ... have u seen my laborday vid i nthe yamaha section(prolyl not since you ride a suzu but here it is) http://www.teamunderground.com/laborday.wmv Stuntin' Vid ok well pretty much there's 2 kinds of basic wheelies there's the stand up, either one foot on peg and other on grab bar, or both feet on seat, or both feet on grab bar (sissies way)) and then there's sit down... Stand up wheelies are much easier than sit down but not always.. You should be learning in grass so when you DO crash ,AND IT WILL HAPPEN!, it won't hurt as much when you do standup first try right foot on peg and left on grab bar... While in first gear pull up and give it some throttle and be ready for it to coem up fast and your foot is on the peg so you can hit the brake and bring the front end down NOW! (to tired will post sit downs in the morning)

Old 09-19-2004, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wheelies

and how is that a secret though? lol

saw your vid, pretty cool. didnt have sound on my computer so i dont really know if i got the "full experience"

what the hell does CIBB stand for?!?!? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default Wheelies

i guess i should space it huh?? or is it?? yea i guess i should... Cubic Inch Big Block

Old 09-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheelies

460 cubic inch big block sounds beefy but it's a '76..... so it's probably making no more than 200 horse power.... damn oil embargo!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2004, 11:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default Wheelies

aint TOO beefy... this thing was 11k brand new and there was 56k produced here's soem specs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 460BB C6trans w/ 2.75:1 rear producing ABOUT 202 HP and 385 ft lb of torq and teh car color is Bright Yellow Gold Diamond Fire Metallic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the fuel light coems on at 1/8 tank [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wheelies

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
aint TOO beefy... this thing was 11k brand new and there was 56k produced here's soem specs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 460BB C6trans w/ 2.75:1 rear producing ABOUT 202 HP and 385 ft lb of torq and teh car color is Bright Yellow Gold Diamond Fire Metallic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the fuel light coems on at 1/8 tank [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

lol i was pretty close. nice torque though. my '67 tempest with a 326 makes about 310horses and 380ft lbs.... with a 260 CFM carb of an '86 chevette. once i get a edelbrock 650 that baby's gonna haul.

i'll get some pics up soon, her name's Vanessa [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

get some pics of your up

Old 09-22-2004, 06:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wheelies

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Come to think of it i can ride wheelies on the tractor too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You can actually ride them out? I can pop a wheelie with our tractor, but i cant ride it out. BobCats are awesome for wheelies and stoppies too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default Wheelies

Originally posted by: nosliw
Originally posted by: Speedy2222

lol i was pretty close. nice torque though. my '67 tempest with a 326 makes about 310horses and 380ft lbs.... with a 260 CFM carb of an '86 chevette. once i get a edelbrock 650 that baby's gonna haul.

i'll get some pics up soon, her name's Vanessa [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

get some pics of your up
nice man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hey i got a CHEVETTE part lying aroaund found it today... let me look tomorrow and ifnout what it was [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Wheelies