Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

I have this SCREEEAACHHH!!!??!!!.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have this SCREEEAACHHH!!!??!!!.....

Hey yall, it is me again. I have a serious concern about my raptor. After reinstalling my new starterbearing (1 way), and reassembling my engine i decided to try to start it up. I put 10w 30 oil like it calls for and the right amount. I installed all new gaskets and was sure to clean out my casing when it was apart. So i put some gas in the tank and tried to fire it up. It started to turn over and wouldnt start. So while kussin it i tried it again. When all of a sudden SCHREACH.............................. Then i went oh S@#$. I thought i dropped one of my rings. Is this what was wrong??? Please help because this CRAPTOR is about to go over the hill.

Old 04-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like you put the one-way in backwards.. wait, was it turning over then engine when you hit the button? and it made the nosie after it started??

Old 04-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe you didnt aline something up right.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

It started screaching right when it tried to start. The one way can only go in one way due to its recessed spaces form the allen bolts.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Good gosh man your having the worst luck ever with that raptor... I told you you need a YFZ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

You know where you can go.

Old 04-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

You tore apart the entire motor? I'm just trying to determine how deep you got into the motor before offering some diagnosis. Defifnitely sounds like a bearing sound to me. Will it run after you start it? I don't think it's rings at all. Pull that starter and try it off the bike.

Old 04-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

my raptor made the same noise when my one-way went out.... its because the old one-way's spring shatters and goes all over the place.. i found metal shavingins all over my engine.. i took out my oneway and their was metal all over the Big Magnet.... i think its the flywheel?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] after i cleaned it out and got the old spring off everything it was fine.

Old 04-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Nope sorry. There was a half gallon of water inside the carbs and somewhere else. Dont know how it got there or why but it was there. And when i put the one way in every thing was correct. But stupid yamaha uses the gasket as a shim to space the little starter gears (2 of them) well the gasket was to thin and binding all the the gears. Also it is in desperate need of more power any suggestions no gear changes. Thanks. Oh and YfzRyderMace i'm gonna smoke you with my rancherbeast so be ready!!!

Old 04-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

660Rryder you mentioned needing more power.. well i think i might have the solution GET A YFZ...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] But anyways patrick how in the heck was there about a gallon of water in your fuel tank? And what are all of these metal shaving everyone is talking about. Could this someday happen to mine?

Quick Reply: I have this SCREEEAACHHH!!!??!!!.....