Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Purchasing a sport quad....advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005 | 05:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Default Purchasing a sport quad....advice needed

DesertViper, you make a great point. georgiarover already has some belt drive utilities, so unless he REALLY doesn't want to shift, buy a quad with a manual clutch. Having that extra control over the engine and power delivery is a big part of the fun to be had on a sport unit. Just be forewarned, joyriding on an open class sport quad usually results in a faster pace than the utes might be comfortable with(rider ability being a big factor)

Old 07-19-2005 | 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Storj
I would go with the raptor but i have never rode a preditor and stay away from like a z400 or kfx400 they are too tippy i personaly wouldnt buy either of those they have power but i dont like how they handle.

GO WITH THE RAPTOR you wont be disapointed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about do you?A z400 tippy!?!?Wtf?You really need to research more before you make these statements.And you need to actually ride the quads too.The raptor is tippier than the z400 you retard.The z400 is the 3rd least tippy sport there is next to the 450's.You have no idea what you are talking about so dont post if you are just making a guess.Leave the real posting to the people that actually ride the quads and dont just make guesses on how they perform.

Old 07-19-2005 | 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Originally posted by: fasterthanyou22
Originally posted by: Storj
I would go with the raptor but i have never rode a preditor and stay away from like a z400 or kfx400 they are too tippy i personaly wouldnt buy either of those they have power but i dont like how they handle.

GO WITH THE RAPTOR you wont be disapointed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about do you?A z400 tippy!?!?Wtf?You really need to research more before you make these statements.And you need to actually ride the quads too.The raptor is tippier than the z400 you retard.The z400 is the 3rd least tippy sport there is next to the 450's.You have no idea what you are talking about so dont post if you are just making a guess.Leave the real posting to the people that actually ride the quads and dont just make guesses on how they perform.
Ignore both of these kids. I can think of at least four sport quads that are more stable than the Z quads, and there is no need to jump to "retard" 'K?

Old 07-19-2005 | 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well maybe you need to ride one because i have ridden it multipule times and it has been tippy and i have also riden the raptor and it is much more stable not saying that it isnt a little tippy as well

You really need to research more before you make these statements.And you need to actually ride the quads too.The raptor is tippier than the z400 you retard.The z400 is the 3rd least tippy sport there is next to the 450's.
and i can see that you are just going by statistics out of some magazine or something you probaly never rode a kfx400 or z400

Old 07-19-2005 | 09:51 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Guys...I really appreciate all the responses and good advice. I don't think I could go wrong buying any of the quads that have been recommended. My main concern was should I even consider a sport quad??? While I don't feel I will realize the full potential of some of these bikes, I am satisfied that I won't necessarily be making a mistake. However, if it is more than I can handle, I will go ahead and tell you that you all are invited to my funeral..... I have to say that I am leaning towards the Predator but mainly because we have a Polaris dealer here in town which would make servicing much more convenient. I think they all have their strong points which is why everyone doesn't buy the same quad. Was really looking at the Troy Lee Design....just love the looks of it but am now leaning towards the Limited Edition after reading that I might be happier with the gearing for the type of riding I will be doing. Thanks again for all the help and I will post some pics when I get my new quad.

Old 07-19-2005 | 11:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Cool. I really like the Predator, and the 05's are the best yet. Have fun with your new quad!

Old 07-21-2005 | 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

most other riders my not agree with me but i would look at a yamaha wolverine 350 it is a sport utility it is semi auto and has 4 wheel and two wheel drive and looks sporty with banshee head lights

Old 08-01-2005 | 06:09 AM
Trailblazer

Let us know how you like the Predator georgiarover, im looking at traiding my Scrambler for one shortly.... Still having trouble deciding between the Predator and the Raptor700 though so im gona wait it out for a month and see what the new Raptor can do.

I've spent couless hours..... more like days! researhing and the Predator seems to be a sweet machine, sure you cant go wrong with it.

Agree with DesertViper, i looked at the KFX700 but it would just be another Scrambler with more power, still a nice bike though from the short test ride i had on the KFX700 it rode very nice but too Heavy to be a true sport machine.

Damn all the bikes are so nice today, so bloody hard to decide!

Old 08-01-2005 | 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

I would also recomend the z400 and not just because I sell Suzuki's! No matter what ATV your looking at please contact me we are a high volume dealer and would appriciate the business. We carry Yam, Suz, Honda, and Kaw.

You can contact me (JJ) at jz_xtreme@yahoo.com

Old 08-11-2005 | 01:09 AM
Trailblazer

both are very good bikes... the raptor is quite tall tho and is fairly tippy on sharp turns... i would say your best bet is the predator... IT SCREAMS WHEN CORNERED

Quick Reply: Purchasing a sport quad....advice needed