Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

2 stroke sportbikes.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 stroke sportbikes.

All of the new sportbikes are all 4 stroke. They should start making more 2 stroke sportbikes because there faster and more powerful than the 4 strokes. Imagine a YFZ 450 2 stroke wooo that thing would fly. Or maybe even a raptor 700 2 stroker. what do you think?

Old 12-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A 450 thumper has plenty of power for most riders. A 700 2-stroke would not only be to powerful, it would come on so hard you would get thrown off the back.

It'll never happen.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never say Never! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We'll eventually see a four stroke sport atv with similar power to the old zilla and maybe a bit more, but I really dont see it going much farther than that. Anything more powerful in 4 stroke form would require an engine too large for an atv unless engine tech dramatically changes or forced air induction becomes commonplace.

Two strokes would be the next frontier of performance when the industry hits that wall, so it's feasible that the tech will be reincarnated and cleaned up to serve as a new revolution in atv performance. But now I'm really stretching into the future.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think we are maxed out on how much HP quads will put out. At least stock quads.

I would say the 2-strokes that we have today are done being built in prodution forever. Im guessing that a new technology of 2-strokes will be released like the clean burning outboard 2-strokes that are already out, but it won't be like what we already have.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bomb 800 is kicking out a lot of pony power. I think there's room for power output to grow in the big bore sport quad segment with a new offering from Bomb, an eventual honda 650, or maybe even more machines like the kfx700. If you would have asked me back in the day if the banshee was going to be the most powerful stock atv of all time I would have emphatically answered yes, and along came the zilla and now the 450's and the 700 with other quads matching it.

As for two strokes, I agree that there wont be any similar banshee or blaster designs in the future. But I wasnt clear that I meant that when I said the tech would be reincarnated/reborn and cleaned up.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

In 20 years we will be lucky if there is anywhere left to ride. We are losing riding spots every day.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer

Could you imagine a 650 triple? How about a 750 four. Everybody's all this and that over some double thumper four strokes. Sleds have been crazy fast for years. I don't think it will ever work for quads. The GOV is regulating this and that. Comes down to common sence. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think Honda quit making the 250r due to lack of sales. Too much for the average dum dum. Bottom line is that it is easier to make a restricted 4 stroke feel powerful than it is to make a 2 stroke seem user friendly.

Old 12-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Range Rover

Don't take this the wrong way, as I love 2 strokes and just bought my kids a Dinli 90, but 2 strokes are dieing quickly. This is the last year the Banshee will be produced. 4 strokes are here to stay. This month, when the World Supercross Series kicked off in Canada, not only were all the top guns ( Ricky Charmichael, Chad Reed and Bubba Stewart) on 450cc 4 strokes, the entire field was on them. I believe this was the first time in Supercross history that a main event was composed of only 4 strokes. You think us ATV guys are taking the death of the 2 stroke hard, talk to some of our motocross brothers! I've always loved 2 strokes, but we have to face it, the 4 stroke has taken over.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Range Rover

They should start making 2 strokes because pretty soon the 4 strokes will be put to there maximum potential. and and thats when the 2 strokes come in to the picture. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

They are probably going to stop production like the atvs .

Quick Reply: 2 stroke sportbikes.