Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

atv ny

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv ny

You used to be able to ride all of the roads in Tug Hill. However some tree huggers liberal legislators put that to an end in December. But the locals freaked about itand they are working on getting them reopened.

However tehre are some parks around therethat may be worth checking out. Go to northeast.trailpass.com and look a the map. There is a plce called Altmar as well as a few others nearby there.

Old 04-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default atv ny

Ellis Ave which is right off 207/Little Britain Rd. Take a look at the link below that you give you an idea for where I'm talking about. You can select Satellite view and it's the land south of Ellis. Zoom in and you can see some of the trails. I would not call this a legal place to ride, it's owned by a nonprofit organizations who purchased it to save it from development but I have never heard of anyone bring bothered (I live on Ellis). I have to get the details for the place by Stewart. I can't send a map link because the block it out due to it being a military base. I'll have to take a ride down and get the exact street names. I'll post it soon.

http://local.google.com/local?f=q&hl...17325,0.041542

Old 04-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Range Rover
Default atv ny

thanks busta, it looks like a lot of land to ride

if u r looking for someone to go riding with, PM me and ill have a few people come up to ride!! Or maybe even meet up at Maybrook. (not far from ellise ave.)

Old 05-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default atv ny

I own a cabin in between Tug Hill, Watertown and Old Forge. In the county of Lewis, you can ride pretty much everywhere. They range from Trails created and groomed by the state, to side trails that go for miles, to roads that go everywhere. All you do is pick a map of for about $5 and be riding a registerd quad and insured. There are plenty of places to stay and the trails are awsome. I go up there prob every two weeks during the summer. I recomend it to everyone....

Old 05-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Range Rover
Default atv ny

Do you think you can get an adress for me of a local motel or something?

Also, its a lot different for people that own land to ride up there, and for people to come up there just to try and ride. Are the locals okay with people coming up to just ride?

Old 05-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default atv ny

The locals dont mind as long as you stay on the trail system and not ride on there property........but there is enough trails where you dont have to do that. Locals dont care that you come because we atv's and snowmobilers make most of there revanue when we go up there.
Now for a place to stay, i would recomend going to the Old Sawmill Inn, you can either camp outside or stay in there motel or stay in the trailers they have. Its really cheap to stay there to. To contact them call them at (315) 376-9950. THere adress is 9039 Number Four Road LOWVILLE, NY 13367 and the owners name is Bill and Kathy. Tell them that Tom Brown told you about it. Have fun ride safe

Old 05-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Range Rover
Default atv ny

Thanks!!!

Its about 6 hours aways from me, so I might have to make it a nice, LONG, trip! I'll try to set somethig up for the summer.