Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Allright, now what's the best 300cc or less quad? Performance, value, etc.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allright, now what's the best 300cc or less quad? Performance, value, etc.

Which sub 300cc quad is best? and Why?

Old 09-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default Allright, now what's the best 300cc or less quad? Performance, value, etc.

sub 300......honda 250ex.....has good speed, great handling, probally the best trailquad that is a sport model(because of ground clearance and the shaft drive), finally it is a wheelie machine. it is so light that i can load it in my truck without ramps. it is a great bike and it will run for years. don't get it if you will want to run fast soon...it isn't break your neck fast but it goes decently fast...

Old 09-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

The Suzuki Z 250 is also good, and if you want utility instead of sport the Honda Recon would be worth a look. Pullyourass just came out with a Pheonix, which is a 200cc quad I believe. The only problem with the Phoenix is someone is going to have to pullyourass back home after it quits on you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honda 300EX. It has real sport quad suspension and performance, with a real (left hand) manual clutch. Best trail quad of all time! Absolutely bulletproof. Engine can be hopped up a little. Wish I still had mine! New styling and reverse location, for 07.

A second choice would be the Honda 250EX. It is shaft drive, so if you are in mud and water a lot, it might be a better choice. Easy to use autoclutch transmission. Suspension is not a cush as the 300EX, but it has more ground cleareance. Absolutely bulletproof as well. One fun ride!

If you want to go one more step up, I highly suggest the Honda 400EX!

Old 09-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DesertViper
The Suzuki Z 250 is also good, and if you want utility instead of sport the Honda Recon would be worth a look. Pullyourass just came out with a Pheonix, which is a 200cc quad I believe. The only problem with the Phoenix is someone is going to have to pullyourass back home after it quits on you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
amen on the p-nix ..............

Old 09-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to have to go with the 300EX also for current quads. They have a few quirks but overall are a sportier ride than pretty much anything else available in that range right now. For all time you are talking 250R.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

I am going to have to go with the 300EX also for current quads. They have a few quirks but overall are a sportier ride than pretty much anything else available in that range right now. For all time you are talking 250R.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

im gonna have to pretty much agree with this. 300EX- GREAT trail machine....and proven, durable, reliable, fun ride. id have to say it's the BEST in total agreement with the topic of the thread.

But just to throw another option at you, and since technically it is 2006 still, maybe the Yamaha Blaster deserves a little credit? if you dont mind the lack of reverse, no e start
and 2-stroke (and if you arent a big person). its reliable, affordable, it mods nicely, and 2005-06 models are still availbable new at the dealers or on ebay for allot less. to me, the suspension isnt as good as a 300ex but with some $$$ saved you could give it an overhaul in this area as well as make it handle better. it just depends on where, how you ride and what features are a MUST have for you.

but best of ALL time, of course TRX250R [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

Hey there,

Don't forget that the newer 250EX models now have a clutch.....and they just upgraded their suspension as well (larger diameter shocks).

I'll admit that it's not the fastest ride out there, but it's light and nimble....and most of all low maintenance.

-sean

Old 09-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new clutch on the 250 is called a "sportclutch". It isn't a full on manual clutch, but is more like a Rekluse clutch, that is popular with our dirt bike brothers.

Our 05 250EX has far better suspension than our 01.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Allright, now what's the best 300cc or less quad? Performance, value, etc.