Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

I have factual news from INDY! READ THIS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 03:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just returned from the Indy dealers show and have news about the GAS GAS,Cannondale and the VOR I sat on both the Cannondale quad and the VOR quad! First of all let me begin with the VOR... Yes its true that VOR was bought out by ATK, but that wont change much of anything for now. MAN! You should see this quad! It is a 530 -yes I said a 530! Their "motor of Doom" mx bike is a 503! so if that tells you any thing at all.... Here are some of the specs...I read them right off the chart...319 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Billet hubs and awesome power! 40+ The bad news is that it costs 12 grand!!!!!!!!!!!If you race it is still cheaper than a full blown banshee or 400ex with all the mods.....
Now for the FX.......... It is PRODUCTION! They even shipped some on FRiday from the factory... There were a total of 4 fx quads scattered around at different booths throughout the show and they were all the same...They had stickers,disclaimers,warning labels etc... I talked withthe cannondale guy and he said these are NOT PREproduction prototypes..The weight is 365 and the price is 7450..........They have added over 75 new parts to the engine to increase durability since the first mx400 bikes came out. .These bike will be at dealers as early as MONday depending on where you live.
Now for the GAS GAS.......I spoke with the factory rep at the show...He said the quad is definitely NOT,repeat NOT dead...It was not ready for the show, but should be in about 3 months... It is a FULL RACE 2 stroke in the form of a 250 AND a 300!!!!!!!!!!!One may be cross country and the other mx....He wasnt sure ,but judging by the look and feel of the GAS GAS bikes (including a new watercooled 250 enduro fourstroke prepro,it is gonna be top notch!I just returned from the dealers only show at Indy and have seen touched

Old 02-18-2001, 06:46 AM
Range Rover

What does VOR stand for?

Old 02-18-2001, 08:53 AM
Trailblazer

Now it seems as if you got more professional information from them than you did from
Bomadiar. Thats the way it should be.
Thanks for the great information.

Old 02-19-2001, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You must have talked to different people than I did at the show? THe VOR man told me that the quad was at least a year away. That was a one up quad that they just put things on to show people. I wish that it does come out, it does lokk neat and fast. Good luck with the Gas Gas, they do have a quad, but the people in Europe are not ready to send it over( or something like that). They cann't even get the bike sent to the US much lest get a quad. The person told me that he had people who wanted to be Gas Gas dealers for the bikes and he could not even get them bike's. Just think what it would be like waiting for a quad from a bike first company. But, the bottom line is like he said they do still have a quad ready.
Someday we may see it.

Old 02-20-2001, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

did you have a chance to talk with the reps from REV motorcycles? they are gearing up to build custom built MX bikes with a direct injection 2- stroke. they claim the engine meets 2006 emissions standards. prices for them are in the $8k range, less than building a customized CR250.

IF this same technology(direct injection) were aplied to a quad; which may be what is happeneing behing the scenes; that would be sweet!!!! it would be the re-introduction of a true racer, but absolutely much cleaner emissions. it can be done, and we all know it.

Old 02-20-2001, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

that would rule

Old 02-21-2001, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

The full gas gas line of motorcycles is available in California and we have the most strick emissions standards in the nation so I cant believe the quad would have diffrent standards.As long as it is designed for closed course competition use only there should be no problem.
Bearman

Old 02-21-2001, 12:24 PM
Range Rover

I made a typo on the price of the fx 400 price ....7950, not 7450..........sorry. with respect to the REv, quite honestly I didnt stop to speak with them (they had a small booth near the cannondale booth) ,but the initial quality of the plastic from my vantage didnt appear to be great....Now plastic doesnt make a great bike bad, but if it were my debut of a new bike, it would shine. Components looked to be good quality (Ohlins,I think)...Like I say I didnt get a good look.