Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

How to wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yo im a new rider and I wanted to learn how to wheelie1 can somebody explain to me how to wheelie?
Thanks

Old 05-30-2001, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man, I take by your name you have a Banshee? If it has stock tires, you're screwed. If it has better tires, and you need to learn, put your foot in the grab bar, and rev it up.. not much at first, work your way into it , and pop the clutch.. it will work.. you'll get better

Old 05-31-2001, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Get it in the low-mid powerband in 2nd gear, throw your weight back and hit the gas, you should come right up, if you start to go over hit the rear brakes, good luck, be careful.

Old 06-17-2001, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

Ok man i got a 2001 300ex. it has 22" realtor back tires and a 14tooth front sprocket. whitch i love because you have longer gearing so wheelies last longer
so what i do if i want to wheelie from a standstill i have throttle bout 1/3 to 1/2
the way in and let out the clutch fast but not too fast as to whip ya on the
grab-bar and when i get er' on a good balance i start shifting up through the
gears keeping it steady with blips of the gas and just keep it balanced.

but from a moving i like 2nd or 3rd where you lean slightly forward and push
down a lil to compress the shocks a bit then with a fast push of the gas you
pull up and lean back which give you good weight balance and then start shiftin'

easy said, easy done

300ex01
14tooth front sprocket and realtor tires

Old 06-17-2001, 05:16 AM
Pro Rider

just ride ya bike

get ride time on the bike then those tricks just flow

Old 06-18-2001, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

DONT PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE GRAB BAR UNLESS YOUR NAME IS CLETUS OR TOOTHLESS JOE OR HAVE A DARK RED NECK

it's quite easy on my 300ex. just put it into a low gear on flat land or small upslope and hit the gas. if u must pull back on the bars gently and to stop move ur weight forward. if u fall back get a good PRM grab bar- i got a nice big one so i dont flip on my back and paralyze myself but either way...just do it and don't be a chicken.

Old 06-18-2001, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

alibaba, you state you have a 300EX. I don't know if you've ever tried to wheelie a Banshee or not.. But, It's not the same. I got off my Banshee and got on a 300ex, and could wheelie it until I ran out of room. Sometimes, up to 3, or 400 yards. After I got the technique down pat on that bike, I got on my Banshee... no go. Don't open your mouth unless experience comes out.(For lack of better words) 300EX's are the 2nd easiest quad to wheelie.. 1st is the 400EX. Banshee is like 7th or 8th.. It's not the same for all quads

Old 06-19-2001, 03:34 AM
Range Rover

I wheelie just how LoneStarBanshee said. So that woorks real nice. I can ride one for like 500 yards sometimes when I'm lucky.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2001, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer

That is the panzy way to wheelie (standing on the grab bar) I fyou cannot handle a high perfomance quad don;t ride one.. Get the banshee in about third gear hit the power band and lean back a little that is all it takes that and practise to find out the center of gravity on it..... And i do have experience....

Old 07-01-2001, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Panzys is right, anyone can wheelie on the grab bar, it takes skill to hold it wi'll sitting.

It takes practice but this is how I was taugh:

Sit on the back of the seat with your back arched outward, bend your arms slightly, rev it half throttle (continuosly), find the friction point of where the clutch engages, hold it with two figures, rev it and release the clutch wi'll pulling your weight back. There your in a wheelie, now lets hold it there...blimp the throttle sharply and repeatedly, you'll be able to hold it in first or second that way, when your ready to shift find the point where you feel like you going to flip over then shift without the clutch by then it will start to come down, give it a little gas and you got it.

Good Luck!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Quick Reply: How to wheelie?