Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Raptor or 400 EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think i have posted this question awhile back but i can't find it so i am asking again mainly because i'm getting a new quad the month and i wanted to try to choose which quad would be most. I do so trail riding and a good bit of hill climbing not little hills some huge hills. I also like to ride wheelies alot and i want something with speed. I've heard that u can buy the 400ex and use the money that you would of spent on the raptor to upgrade it and make it go faster than the raptor. I hope yall can help me with my choice. Thanks.

Old 04-15-2002, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

Here we go again!!! It is really just a matter of preference. Both are good machines. It is true you can modify the 400EX to be as fast as the raptor. The 400EX handles better. Ride both. That is the best way to decide. Good Luck!!

Old 04-15-2002, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Why not buy a Cannondale Cannibal for the same price as a Raptor, I've seen them sell new for $6499 and you'll have better shocks, aluminum frame, EFI, light weight, alot faster than the Raptor and 400EX and the best customer service in the industry. Oh yea, they're made in USA!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2002, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

Hondamarshal2, I rode the 400ex before because my friend has one it is stock, but nobody has a raptor around here for me to try out. I was going to get 400ex in the yellow edition so i would be different but the my other friend got a yellow one so i went thinking about the raptor. Nobody has one around where i live so i would be real different. Which one would be the most reliable. I don't won't to be fixing it more than riding it. I believe the honda is the most reliable but is the raptor.

Old 04-15-2002, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

I agree that the Honda would be more reliable. My best buddy(Guardog) has a black & White Raptor and it is one of the nicest "looking Quads" i've seen. It has great power and speed. The only thing that I don't like is the way it handles. He put wheel spacers on and I didn't think that it helped to much. I think that if Honda doesn't come out with a new quad than I would seriously look at the Cannondale SPEED. It's a little more than the cannibal but has better suspension and other goodies. I think Honda does very good testing and makes sure that before they put out a product that it is ready. I don't feel Yamaha did that with the Raptor. Just my .02 cents.

Old 04-17-2002, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

I realy try to stay away from flaming any one but I just have to reply to that statement, "I think honda does realy good testing before putting out the quads" lmfao

Try the 400EX or you could call it a XR-400, has been around sense 1979. So yes you could say they have recieved much data on this engine.

Old 04-18-2002, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks every one for all of your info. I rode my friends 400ex again and I think i will just get the 400ex. If anybody else can tell me some more good stuff about the raptor i might go that way with that. But for now i think i will go with the 400ex because i've heard alot of good stuff about it. It has enough power i guess. I know if i get it i will have to upgrade and fast.

Old 04-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

Check out atvconnection, new refurbished Cannibals for $5100!! All the major components are new, new plastic, new motor, new computer!!

Old 04-18-2002, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Gaff I guess it just goes to show you don't fix what's not broke. I'm not sure how you can flame me for making that statement. I've ridden a 01' Lakota and I think that there is a HUGE difference between the two. Old Technology seems to be working for me!!!

Old 04-19-2002, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not trying to compare quads or dog them. Just trying to state how they have delt us older motors (de tuned) and how reliability is realy not an issue with these motors because of there many years being out.

The EX is a excellent quad as well as the raptor.

Quick Reply: Raptor or 400 EX