Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

pipes for sports

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats a cheap pipe thats really good for a 96 scrambler or sport.??

Old 04-30-2002, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer

Here's a quote from article I read concerning "more power". This is the paragraph on pipes:

Another question that I hate is "I have X brand atv. What pipe will give me the most power". With that amount of information I can tell you absolutely nothing. There is no perfect pipe for any atv. If you ride in the dunes you want a hi rev pipe. If you ride MX you will want a mid range pipe. For XC and trail riding a torque or mid range pipe will do. That is the the normal recommendation from pipe makers. The only problem with that is everyone rides different. Some people like the keep the motor buzzing at 9,000 rpm and others like to be able to lug it down through the corners. Also some people don't mind having a major hit in the power band. Other's can't stand no bottom end and a narrow power band. So how can someone recommend a pipe to you without knowing more about how they ride. The only way to really find your perfect pipe is to try them all. But for most of us that would be very expensive and out of the question. But there are a few ways to narrow down the wide selection. First find all the companies that you are interested in and call them. Ask them why you should send them your cylinder for their porting and what they are going to do to it. The answer i'm going to raise the exhaust port for for more duration is not a good answer. Find out exactly what they are going to cut away and why. If they won't give you the time of day to answer your questions why would they care about your cylinder when it comes time to port it. Next go onto the www. Some of the sites out there have a bbs. There are a couple that have intelligent people on it and they might be able to help narrow down the search. Finally go a local track. Talk to the racers that have the same atv as you. Find out what is working for them. And if your lucky they might let you ride their quad.

Old 05-01-2002, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

My 350 4X4 polaris has a Hot Seat Performance pipe. I love it. I have heard good things about PSI and HPD. All three companies have been hopping up polaris snowmobiles and atv's for years. All three have websites.