Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

ups and downs help a bro out

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ups and downs help a bro out

i dont think it is a beginer bike what do you guys think... giveme the ups and downs on the banshee for everything.. trail...drag...mx..snow..waterskipping.. thats all that i do

Old 10-10-2002, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

trail - ok for trails not as good as suspension, brakes, or handling as a Ztho
drag - the ultimate quad mod it and your ready to fly
mx - you can make it work but same as trail the Zs are probably easier to race
snow - i would think it would work pretty good
waterskipping - it should also work good there

Old 10-10-2002, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer

sorry to burst your bubble but there is no such thing as a "all around" Banshee. You can't have a properly set up sand drag Banshee and still have a Banshee "happy" trail machine.

Banshees have NO low end power, you are either on the pipe or you have nothing.

MX is a different world, if you want to run with the pack you have to a great suspension package and enough motor to pull you down the straights.

Water crossing, has its own special set up to do this, but why drown a perfectly good machine

Old 10-11-2002, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

As 295RR has stated a shee has no low end. This is the #1 problem with a shee. You have to be rite on the pipe to point and shoot it. This problem gives effortless wheel spin. The wheel spin is what keeps it from being compettitive in alot of areas. Not that I'm bashing the shee, I realy like it.

If you realy want to have a all around real good shee, build every thing directed to low end tourque. The shee has all the top end it will ever need, add some tourque to her and it realy makes a nice machine.

Old 10-23-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

My friend has a shee and he comes over and i ride it quite a bit. First of all i dont think that a shee is geared lowenough to be a relly good trail bike and it has a wicked powerband so u need to know how to control it to. For a drag as you probley hear a lot the shee is the king... I havent ridden a MX track with a shee but you would defently need to upgrade the shocks for that... For the snow is doesnt have enough lowendpower and spins to much... It sounds like you need to look into a Raptor!! which fits all of your riding conditions... Im not trying to bashing the shee in any way i love the 2 stroke power but i just think that a raptor would be better for your style of riding...

Old 10-23-2002, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

one thing that i know helps the shee is my dad got the duncan racing national kit for his banshee and it made it easier to ride cause it wasn't as on and off type power

Old 10-27-2002, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

I'll have to disagree 295rr. My Banshee has good lowend. It does wheelies easily while in the lowend, and in the powerband, it does wheelies easier than a runt bike. The top end is killer, and the low end isnt to bad....

-nick

Old 10-27-2002, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

<------------see that banshee???it has KILLER low end!WOW!!!but you just have to have the right gearing for what you are mainly going to do but unless you gear it right ur low end will suck a$$!
Tate

Old 10-30-2002, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone that says a banshee with stock ports has any lowend is crazy. 295rr is right about the all-around banshee. This is why I own 3.

The banshee is a good trail bike even with stock ports though. It handles okay and is great to smoke other bikes in straightaways. They are the undisputed drag king (if you think they aren't and feel froggy, bring it to southeast missouri). Banshees aren't for MX. They are too front heavy among other things. They have too much two-stroke power for snow and you will only spin (although I ride mine in snow). Finally, you see more banshees waterskipping than any other bike.

Old 10-30-2002, 10:15 PM
Range Rover

Your right saying its not a beginner quad first off. Then you want the details
Trail- eh, nothing special, i had a blaster and now a 400ex, i know a blaster is no banshee but the 2 stroke to 4 stroke is the dif. If you ride woods mainy don't get a 2 stroke there not as smooth.
Drag- This is good drag quad and will beat pretty much anything stock besides a dale.
mx- I would assume that this is a very good mx quad because of the acceleration
snow- same as woods i guess cuz thats where the snow would be.
wateskipping- get a life.

Quick Reply: ups and downs help a bro out