Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

just learned how to use a clutch!

Old 04-29-2003, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch???

just hopped on my friends quad the other day and it turns out I know how to use a clutch. that’s greats news. right? but everybody likes their clutch so much and I cant figure out why. since I haven’t really been able to get used to it I was hoping you could tell me what makes a clutch so great.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2003, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default just learned how to use a clutch!

power control!

Old 04-30-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

but how does it give more power and controll. im not saying clutches are boring, acually i love them. but for no good reason.

Old 04-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

cluthes make it so you can start off at a faster speed, it makes it so you can excelerate faster, and shift better. it also alows you to cut of the transmition temporarally so you coast, or not be on the throttle coming down steep hills. hope i helped.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It also allows you be in whatever rpm range you want to be.

Old 04-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

what about really really low RPMs or going really slow. how can you climb obstacles. It seems that if you do any of these 2 it will want to stall. and also how does it allow you to shift faster. it seems it will only slow the shifting process. being that you have one more thing to do in addition to pulling up on the foot ****.

Old 05-01-2003, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider

if you pull in the clutch you can downshift many gears at once while slowing down or stoping.

Old 05-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey kid don't you think if an automatic trans was better than a shifter. all the factories would have automatic everything? and all the racers would have automatics as well? autos are for lazy people or for people who just don't know how 2 ride. my 2 cents

Old 05-01-2003, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer

LoL now i think thats a little harsh there. Clutches are just fun to ride IMHO. You have better acceleration and more control on the RPMs and how fast you wanna go. You can climb hills good if you kno how to ride. There are these hills the have to be atleast 60* climb and its 50 feet up. Thats some pretty insane stuff. Also, right at the bottom of the hill, there is a little hill before it so you gotta keep the rpms up and still be going fast enough to get all the way up the hill. I can do it in 2nd on my warrior.. My buddy's Polaris trailblazer 250 can do it but he cant go as fast(it boggs too much). It boggs because the rpms arent high enough. With a Clutch you can get the speed and RPMs just right for basically anything....

Old 05-13-2003, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

actually, their cheaper to mass-produce. andyea clutches are just fun becouse its a change. you get bored if you keep riding the same thing over and over (well kinda, i mean how bored can ya get riding a quad) and hey Blasterkilla you whant <u>some</u>, i dont think anybody here whants <u>sum</u>. what are ya, a math teacher.lmao

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just learned how to use a clutch!