ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Sport Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/)
-   -   What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK (https://atvconnection.com/forums/sport-quads/98408-what-gets-out-hole-faster-what-accels-faster-raptor-banshee-both-stock.html)

swad 05-09-2003 12:58 PM

What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]I would think a banshee do to the fact it is a 2-stroke

Corpsie 05-12-2003 11:49 PM

What gets out of the hole faster or what accels faster a Raptor or Banshee BOTH STOCK

I've ridden a stock Banshee and the same Banshee with pipes. The stock Banshee is really inhibited by the stock exhaust.

I agree with people who say the Raptor would win because I've seen it. BUT (here's the big post all you Banshee riders know is coming) as soon as a Banshee gets piped and jetted, it sends the Raptor packing (especially up at high speeds)

Luvmy300ex 05-30-2003 12:01 PM

everyone that does not know much about atvs thinks a raptor would win, but a banshee would kick it's @##

FreeStyleRaptor 05-30-2003 11:47 PM

My raptor would kill a stock LE shee in fourth gear. Stock for stock the raptor beats the shee by 2-3 bikes. Top speed of a raptor is 75 and a shee 72. But like corpsie said a shee will respond better to modifications, exspecially with the cricket like sound of the stingers

mudslinger400z 05-31-2003 12:00 AM

Luvmy300ex is totally wrong and people on here that know atv's know a raptor will smoke a banshee stock. The banshee doesn't shine on drag races on dirt or pavement they make all that horsepower but it doesn't get to the ground unless you're in sand. This question is about stock for stock and the raptor would win. I have beat a stock 96 shee on my z but we didn't have room and he would have got me top end. Once again this about drag races and we usually go about 100 or 200 yards. I know a banshee thats not stock and he beats most people down on the little creek were I ride but he's good plus he has a pipe and a lot of other things done to his shee.

mxracerboy21 06-02-2003 01:21 PM

my friend got his up to 85.7 mph on his gps they are fast

mxracerboy21 06-02-2003 01:23 PM

his v-force

mudslinger400z 06-05-2003 02:18 AM

Originally posted by: mxracerboy21
my friend got his up to 85.7 mph on his gps they are fast
No freakin way stock.

mxracerboy21 06-05-2003 12:26 PM

im going to race him when my brother, my dad, and me get done with building this monstor banshee. its going to have a 1980-83. kz 750 motor in it. we have to rebuild the frame.because we got it for free. we still need tires,axel,A-arms,steering,stem just to name a feu. i should kill him then

hondaracer305 06-08-2003 03:05 AM

i agree with luvmy300ex, a banshee will get out of the hole quicker than a raptor until 6 gear and a raptor would catch up with it and pass it, but a raptor would not kill it at the least. you need to have equally good riders before you know.