Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z-400 Frame

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 01:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z-400 Frame

Has anyone that has had a new frame put one their Z, had any problem out of the new frame? Did Suz change anything about the new replacement frame? (different compound, steel, etc.)

Old 05-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Z-400 Frame

mine was broke in 4 places, they replaced for free, took 6 weeks though. new one was exactly the same, and have already filed a report of the welds flaking and showing rust again ( 3 months since replacement). i've been told the frames are diffrent on in-production models. im not going to reinforce, i asked them to supply a kit ,they refused. i have the extended warranty & will expect the new version when it breaks again. we'll see then!

Old 05-14-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z-400 Frame

Mine is at the dealer...awating a decision...ill keep ya all posted.

Old 05-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Range Rover
Default Z-400 Frame

Do the new bikes have better frames? How can you tell?

My bike was still in the crate and he told me they just got it in 2 days before i bought it, and that was like 3 weeks ago now.

Old 05-16-2003, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Z-400 Frame

Well...here is the deal. The dealer removed the paint from what looked like a crack above the shock mount. They said its not cracked. Soooooooo...they are gonna repaint it...and document it...and they said if it does crack there...they would replace it when it happens.

Old 06-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Z-400 Frame

Ya i Have a problem with the frame on my z400 to. One nice jump screwed the whole thing, Frames bent behind lower control arm along with tie rods and control arms. Right now awaiting decision from suzuki to see if they will replace.

Has anyone else had similar problems, and how has suzuki dealt with it?

thanks , White trash

Old 06-08-2003, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z-400 Frame

Exactaly what are you guys doing to these frames??? My KFX is only 2 months old and I'll be pissed if something breaks this early. This could be a serious problem for suzuki. For those of you who have been on a quad when a A-arm bracket snapped at 50+ MPH, you know how harry things can get. Someones going down the trail, hauling a$$ when the A-arm bracket or shock mount cracks and winds up impersonating a wood pecker.........this whole thing has bad new written all over it.

Old 06-09-2003, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Z-400 Frame

BMy brother in law is still waiting for a frame Suzuki has them backordered so many are breaking, it's going to take a total of 12 weeks from the time suzuki said they would replace it to the time he has it back. All they said that they would do is give him some gift certificates to get some riding gear for his trouble. We live in NY so 12 weeks is a pretty big part of the season to miss. We called LRD about the frame because we read that they gusseted the frames, but they said that they don't do it anymore because they still break and they don't want there workmanship associated with such a bad frame design. They also said they have seen the 04 frames and they are not any better they are only gusseted, they said they will still break it will only take longer. As soon as the Z is fixed were going to sell it and buy something else before everyone knows about the frame problems with the Z and there value go's down like the cannondales.

Old 06-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Z-400 Frame

CT Racing is coming out with a gusset kit for the upper shock mounts. It might already be out i dunno, i just remember reading it somewhere. Ive had my kfx for just 4 days now and its been jumped i would say around 8 feet at least 20 times and no problems yet.

Old 06-09-2003, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z-400 Frame

This problem with the frames, axles, and swingarms is all caused by Suzuki trying to make a very light machine. They tried to cut the weight down by using just enough material to get by. It makes for a really quick machine until people start MXing them, then stuff starts to fail. I saw the picture of the swingarm that failed just a few days ago, that shouldn't happen. Not to a suspension piece, period! It all starts when everyone wants a super light bike that goes really, really fast. Well, they tried to give you what you wanted...

Quick Reply: Z-400 Frame