Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Hey all!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey all!

Hey everyone im new here and to ATV-ing. I recently bought a 1989 Suzuki 50cc Mini-ATV but i dont no what model it is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] . Well, when i ride the quad the engine dies. I know how to work the choke, pull chord, gas line, and every other button so thats not the problem. It was doing the same the day before, but the spark plug was loose and i did the same today but still dont work. It probably needs a tune-up, right? So is there any online instructions to explain how to tune up an engine? Thanx.

Old 05-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Range Rover
Default Hey all!

well.... diffrent ways... but if i were u... take off the carb... and take out the air screw and blast that thing with carbcleaner... then blow it out gently with an air compressor.... set the air screw....then replace plug...... ims ure more people will help u out.... diffrent opinions also... but thats great for starts

Old 05-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey all!

Its called an LT50. Make sure that where the teather plugs in...the plug is in nice an tite...if its loose...the engine will shut off when ya bounce around! Wiggle it around and see what happens [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2003, 09:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hey all!

Ok, thanks guys i'll try that. Hmmmm...LT50.........