Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

RacinRichie

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RacinRichie

hey i see you know a lot about the 230 quadsport. i was thinking of modding mine to make it reall quick. if at all possible could u email me at drivelykitstolen@aol.com. i have a couple of questions i wanna ask you about wut cam to run w/wut crank, wuts a good compression ratio i could still run on 87or89 octane gas, and some others. it would be great if you could e-mail me so i could have your email for future reference ya know? thanx man oo..and if for some reason drivelykitstolen@aol.com doesnt work u can also use liquidblue22@aol.com

Old 06-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer
Default RacinRichie

Hello!

Go with a white brothers big bore kit for your 230(1mm over). They can also get you the cam you may need depending on the power you want. Lets see compression, Well I run 93 always and never use anything lower than that. Try a Supertrapp pipe I get
Another consideration is the suspension. The stock shocks blow so find a shock for the back first. I like my WORKS rear shock. Its like night and day as far as ride and keeping the power to the ground which is very important.
DO you need to rebuild your motor? Is that why you are looking for mods?

Old 06-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default RacinRichie

nah i'm not rebuildin, i just wanna keep up w/the others and i only spent $400 on it in the first place it wouldnt be that much more than buyin a different bike in the end. plus like u said, everyone has a blaster ride something different. i wanna make it faster though so i can race it. thanx man . i appreciate your help. ooo...and would u know who would make a good crank and valves to go too. i dont thinkg i'm gonna do the big bore kit hough

Old 06-09-2003, 07:52 AM
Trailblazer
Default RacinRichie

If it runs good then get a suppertrapp complete, jets, and the good old K&N. This will make your bike breath soooo much better. Remember to change your oil regularly and you'll be all set. YOur tire and gear choice can make or break you so check that out. Don't go to small on the rear tires!! Good luck~[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default RacinRichie

slo230, don't even mind about builiding up those quads. They aren't worth it. I had one of those and I thought like you, but in the end, I figured out that is was better to get another quad. On top of that, those quadsport aren't reliable. Enjoy them stock, IT's always fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . I sold my quadsport and found 500$ then I bought the EX. This quad is much better in everyway. The 300ex are also easily moddable. I don't know what's up with mine, (the guy hasn't told me about eveyrthing in the engine) but I'm ahead of any stock 400ex