Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I finally see something Kawie built for Suzuki

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally see something Kawie built for Suzuki

The new RMZ-250 Four stroke dirtbike appears to be a 99.9% Kawasaki product. "Perimeter frame" and other specs are all right from the Kawie site. It is the same bike other than the radiator shroud. I couldn't figure out why Suzuki was giving so much to Kawie and seemingly getting nothing in return, but apparently Suzuki was sleeping in the 4-stroke motorcross segment the way Kawie was sleeping in the sport/youth ATV industry. I remember people saying that they would NOT be sharing their MX bikes, but here is one and I heard a while ago Kawie was finishing up their prototype 450 dirt bike also. Maybe Suzuki will get it too? It makes sence since these are two very important products.

Old 06-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you havent noticed all ready, Suzuki and Kawasaki practically sleep together I should say. They are and have been for years. We had a bike stolen from a friend of ours and it was a Suzuki but when the police found it and ran the vin it showed up as a Kawasaki..... go figure...

Old 06-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah but I heard that the 450 would be called a RM-F450 and not a RM-Z or DR-Z. I saw that in a friends Dirt Rider mag a while back. I am pretty sure that was all Suzuki too but I coiuld be wrong.

Old 06-11-2003, 11:39 PM
Range Rover

Kawaski just seems like a dead company.

The Mojave is a huge joke in my opinion. The KFX is just a z400. Their KX line of bikes isn't completely terrible, but who rides a KX anyways?!

Old 06-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

Kawaski just seems like a dead company
I think that was the DUMBEST comment I've ever heard. People like you make me sick. Go to the Kawasaki web site and check out all the cool **** they have to offer.

Their KX line of bikes isn't completely terrible, but who rides a KX anyways?!
I do A-hole!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2003, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

look at the v-force and their 4x4 lineup, dont critisize a company people get mad,i get mad when people talk bad shizz bout suzuki. i hate it when people fight on these forums.peace.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2003, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

ohhh noooo kawi aint dead. i also ride and own kx's

Old 06-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2000MOJAVE
The new RMZ-250 Four stroke dirtbike appears to be a 99.9% Kawasaki product.
While Kawasaki did do most of the frame and chassis, the engine is all Suzuki. Same will go for the RMZ-450, too. It is still pretty much a 50/50 sharing here, but Suzuki does sell more machines (at least they did a few years ago).

Old 06-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

While Kawasaki did do most of the frame and chassis, the engine is all Suzuki. Same will go for the RMZ-450, too. It is still pretty much a 50/50 sharing here, but Suzuki does sell more machines (at least they did a few years ago).
Are you sure the engine is all Suzuki? I was curious about the engine, but Kawasaki's site says it features the KACR (kawasaki automatic compression release) and the fact that the specs on the suzuki site dont call the cylinder coating "SCEM" (Suzuki composite electro whatever) makes me think the engine must of at least had a Kawasaki influence. As for the 450, about a year or so ago, give or take, (before the KFX 400 and 700) one of the atv mags had an interview with Mickey Dunlop and asked him if he knew anything about the rumors of a Kawie sport and he said he knew they were finishing up their 450 four stroke motorcross engine so maybe that's one thing they will each have their own version of.

Old 06-12-2003, 01:05 PM
Range Rover

hmm..i remember in the mid to late 90s going to dealers when i was looking to buy a dirt bike. And everyone told me to stay away from the KX because of carb problems.

Kawaski offers nothing that interests me in anyway. And going out i never see anyone riding a kawaski! Execpt the select few the are diehard.

In my garage right now i have a 1995 KE100 Street and Trail kawai Its a great bike for a great price. I love it and still ride it a good bit. But i would never even consider buying a new kawaski.

Quick Reply: I finally see something Kawie built for Suzuki